Review of Fallacy

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Stephanie Elizabeth
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Do You Remember Me? by Wm M Crouch

Review of Fallacy

Post by Stephanie Elizabeth »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Fallacy" by Marianna Buffolino.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

When Aria is summoned back to New York for her father's funeral, all the old wounds resurface. It's been more than a decade since she's seen the Cassariano family and nearly that long since she's spoken to her twin, Lorenzo. The Cassarianos cut ties with Aria when she refused to join the family business and embrace the nefarious lifestyle. Lorenzo has assumed the position of the king mob boss, and Aria cannot conceal her resentment—he promised he would never get involved.

She's built a successful life back in California with a prosperous career, supportive friends, and an unexpected romance with Nate, but being back in New York amongst her family is all-encompassing. Plus, Luca DeCarlo, a man she had a sensual tryst with back in California, shows up in New York with a connection to the Cassariano family.

Aria is torn between her bloodline and the beautiful life she cultivated back in California. What will she choose?

Fallacy: Entangled by Marianna Buffolino is a thrilling romance book about being torn between two lives. The immersive story is told from the first-person perspective, following Aria as she struggles to forge a clear path to her future. Readers are transported between sunny California and Aria's childhood home in New York, where Aria's heart swells for two very different men.

This book was everything, and I will sing its praises to anyone who will listen. If I had to choose, my favorite thing about it was the palpable chemistry between Aria and her lovers. First, there was the sweet, albeit a sensual, friendship-turned-romance with Nate, and (most of the time) this was the couple I was rooting for. I enjoyed the comfort and simplicity Nate offered, and he brought stability to Aria's chaotic life. On the other hand, one could not ignore her sizzling encounters with Luca; it was as if his presence had this magnetic force, pulling her in with his seductive green eyes. As a result, the lovemaking scenes were flawlessly executed and sprinkled with just the right amount of spice and sweetness.

Adding to my list of likes was being reeled into the inner workings of a crime and the power of an affluent family. The cut-throat lifestyle of being involved in shady, mob-affiliated activity was endlessly intriguing. From police raids to bodyguards and secret deals, the Cassarianos didn't disappoint—providing readers with a crash course in trading freedom for the family business.

There was nothing to dislike about this novel, and I am happy to report the book was exceptionally edited, void of any spelling or grammatical errors. That being said, I have chosen to give Fallacy: Entangled a rating of five out of five stars; I would give it more if I could, thanks to the romantic relationships and ever-intriguing look at the mob lifestyle, brimming with scandal, betrayal, glamor, and sprinkled with secrets!

I recommend the book to readers that enjoy character-driven books about family and love. This book is a worthy choice for romance enthusiasts, with steamy love scenes that will keep you coming back for more. However, the book is riddled with profanity and sexually explicit content, so sensitive readers should be aware before picking up the novel.

Fallacy
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Favour Ugwu Chidinma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favyugwu.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Favour Ugwu Chidinma »

Poor Aria, what would she choose. Enticing review. Thanks for this feedback.
EmmaJohnson
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by EmmaJohnson »

This book is good for readers that enjoy character-driven books about family and love. It involved in shady, mob-affiliated activity was endlessly intriguing. From police raids to bodyguards and secret deals, the Cassarianos when gave readers something to think about when thinking of trading freedom for the family business.
zynnyx_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zynnyx.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by zynnyx_ »

I love romance books, and this book has the mafia feel. I'd love to read it. Thank you for your review.
:D
Oluchi23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchi23.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Oluchi23 »

This book fallacy is according to your review is a romance book that narrates the sexual relationship between Aria and her two lovers, Nate and Luca

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”