Review of Wheel of Love

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 334
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: Awesomely Awkward Dating Tips for Beginners by Tina Kowalski

Review of Wheel of Love

Post by Hager Salem »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Wheel of Love" by Francine Mason.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Wheel of Love by Francine Mason is a short romance that takes place in a hospital. It tells the story of Susan, who lost her husband and the father of her son, Liam, in a tragic accident. The husband, Ray Tremblay, chose to work as a firefighter, although his wife didn't approve of such a dangerous job. One day, Liam saw the neighbors' house on fire and ran back to his father to tell him. Ray hurried to rescue the neighbors, but never came back. Many years have passed since the accident, but its effects on the family are still visible. If you want to know what happens in the lives of the mother and the son, you can grab this book.

I very much liked the author's writing-style. It was very smooth and never boring. The plot is to be discussed. When I started reading the book, I knew it was directed at teens, so I saw it through a different lens. I was more tolerant of the lack of depth in the story, and I thought it was simple enough.

I didn't like that the focus was on physical attraction and action. I would have preferred if the romance focused on emotions. What are we teaching teens when they see things heat up that fast? And why is sex unprotected? I didn't think that a mom would leave her son at the hospital and go play around. It wouldn't make any sense. I also need to ask why Susan would disregard the fact that her friend likes the same guy. She apologized to her first when he came to her while her friend was there, and they both realized who he was. That was good. The next thing we know, she is flirting with him and getting physical. That's not good.

Because I like the writing style but not the story itself, I rate this book three out of five stars. The editing of the book was exceptional, as I didn't come across any errors.

The book is recommended by the writer to teenagers who would love to read a romance, but I don't know if the content is appropriate for them. I guess it depends on personal preferences. At this moment, I question the morality of the story and find it inappropriate for the target audience. I hope that changes in the sequels and that we can find appropriate criticism for unacceptable behaviors.

Wheel of Love
View: on Bookshelves
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

Losing a husband is disheartening and heartbreaking but it would not be the reason to get involved with an unpleasant act. I hope that Susan will continue living on the right path and move on from past trauma. Your review is interesting!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
zynnyx_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zynnyx.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by zynnyx_ »

I prefer romance focused on emotions too. I don't think I like this book. Great review, by the way.
:D
Tamara Bengesai
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tamara-bengesai.html
Latest Review: Seeking... Finding... Healing... by Becky Lu Jackson
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Tamara Bengesai »

It is unfortunate that Susan lost her husband and was left with the responsibility of raising her son alone. I wonder what is in store for her as the story unfolds. good review

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”