Review of A Flirt with Justice

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Darlings O
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darlington-onuoha.html
Latest Review: Imperfect Lives Perfect Grace by Dr. E.M. Johnson

Review of A Flirt with Justice

Post by Darlings O »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A Flirt with Justice" by Graham Oxley.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

A Flirt with Justice by Graham Oxley is a story based on colleagues in the civil service that became close while cracking cases and fighting for justice. In this book, we see how a group of people with just work in common turn into family, stand for each other and are ready to have each other’s back.

Pete, George, Mavis, and Vincent, with the help of their other friends, are determined to put an end to the shady business of some top crooked men in their community who are involved in it all, from drug peddling down to domestic abuse. Will they succeed in this, or will these men show them the reason why they are at the top? Read this book to find out more.

This book has its notable positive aspects. Reading this book made me love and understand the beauty of friendship, having someone to look out for you and have your back at all times. I loved how the author, through the colleagues at work in the book, exemplified what true friendship should be. I also loved how the book communicated that the reward for crime is time behind bars showing us that justice must always be served. This is important to mention because, in our time today, the need to stress that crimes come with punishments cannot be overemphasized.

However, there were a few things I didn’t like about the book. First, I thought the characters of the book were too many since it felt like some characters were not necessary to the plot of the book. This made the book lengthy, which is the second aspect of the book I didn’t like; the length of the book could have been reduced. There was not much pull for a book of this length to keep me engrossed throughout the book. Also, there was no depth to the story, and I thought that the storyline and plot were too predictable, which made the story lack that thrill to an extent. Finally, spelling and punctuation errors were so much in the book, especially the latter, which may cause difficulty for some readers to grasp the events in the book. I can safely conclude that this book was not professionally edited.

Although I had a few reservations about this book, there is much to like about this book. I am convinced and led to give this book a rating of 3 out of 5 stars. I removed a star from my rating because the book was lacking in some areas than I hoped it would be, given the fascinating title. The book should also be thoroughly edited, as there are numerous errors that account for the removal of another star.

I will recommend this book to those who are interested in investigative stories. Anyone interested in court proceedings and the justice system would also be a good fit for this book.

A Flirt with Justice
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Edit_or
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edit-or.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Edit_or »

Thank you for the nice review. I love the book cover though.
Edwardsjay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edwardsjay.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Edwardsjay »

Insightful information. Thank you for an honest review.
zynnyx_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zynnyx.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by zynnyx_ »

I love that this book elaborates on the theme of friendship. Great review.
:D
Mhiz Vyi Vyan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mhiz-vyi-vyan.html
Latest Review: Beyond The Headlights by Allan Davis

Post by Mhiz Vyi Vyan »

The act of group work is very important and strong m, glad the book points it out. Great review, well done.
Tamara Bengesai
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tamara-bengesai.html
Latest Review: Seeking... Finding... Healing... by Becky Lu Jackson
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Tamara Bengesai »

This is a kind of book that I would read. It touches on two thing dear to me that is friendship and justice. Nice cover as well. Congratulations.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”