Review of Unsound

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Loniya Chabili Mubanga
Currently Reading: The sea keepers daughter
Bookshelf Size: 254
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-loniya-chabili-mubanga.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Re: Review of Unsound

Post by Loniya Chabili Mubanga »

I absolutely love your review. It seems like a good read to learn about at risk youths and how they carry on day to day life despite being regarded as their family's rejects. And I love a boarding school setup in books, it calls for a lot of drama, just as the review already alluded to.
I'm here for a good time, not a long time. Yolo!
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: This Is Your Last Warning
Bookshelf Size: 642
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

“Unsound” by Ash Finley is a story about Rainier boarding school for troubled youths in the state of Washington. This is a coming-of-age book with teen romance and the four main characters are Holly, Jon, Jay and Mindy. The school is a last resort for at-risk teens and the school tries to teach the teens about the importance of love and family. The four characters have to live and work together while dealing with their own issues like insecurity, jealousy, depression, vulnerability and self-mutilation. Teen years are usually difficult but even more so for the teens in this boarding school. A well written book for teens and young adults. An excellent review.
Damian Keyes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-damian-keyes.html
Latest Review: Last Minute Wedding Date by Anthony george
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 23%

Post by Damian Keyes »

All you had to do was tell me this was a coming-of-age story about teenagers going through life a d I'm already buying the book. I cannot wait to meet these four characters on their self-introspective journeys.
Alexandria Sarai Mitchell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexandria-sarai-mitchell.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Alexandria Sarai Mitchell »

I wouldn't say this book is particularly my cup of tea. I think the review is well-written but I don't care for teenage stories and drama. I may be a little too old to be interested in such juvenile stories. However, from the way the review is written, I can tell the book is interesting and engaging to younger readers and readers who enjoy coming-of-age books.
Ann Kidiavai
Currently Reading: Folder or Crumpler
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ann-kidiavai.html
Latest Review: From Burnout to Belonging by Kimberly Carozzi

Post by Ann Kidiavai »

I can easily tell that the author really enjoyed reading the book. I like how she points out the positive aspects of the novel from the narrative writing style to the focus given to the main theme of romance. Am really interested to find out if Rainier eventually becomes the agent of change or not.
twinkle09
Currently Reading: Tactile Therapy: Volume One
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-twinkle09.html
Latest Review: When Life Doesn't Turn Out the Way We Hoped It Would? Volume 1 by Tom Wick

Post by twinkle09 »

The story depicts the struggles and thoughts of teens quite realistically. The characters of Jon, Holly,Mindy,Jay are likeable. Thanks for the review!
Oceegee Chika Oroke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oceegee-chika-oroke.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Oceegee Chika Oroke »

This book reminds me of the turbulent events in the lives of close relatives and friends. The effect of disorders or medical complications can be overwhelming, especially when youths are the victims. It's a sad moment for me reading about such characters as Holly and Jon, whose lives have been restricted to Rainier.
Atieno Magero
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atieno-magero.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Post by Atieno Magero »

Unsound seems like a great coming of age novel. I like that the story covers important issues that some teenagers face. I also like that the story focuses on relationships and that it has a romantic twist to it. Congratulations on making book of the day!
Nisha DSouza
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 160
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-dsouza.html
Latest Review: Isazisi:The Book by Bongani Yona

Post by Nisha DSouza »

I enjoyed reading this beautifully written review; it made me want to read more about these at-risk teenagers and their journey. The sample pages were very engaging. I applaud the author for taking up this topic that many teenagers will relate to these days. I'm eager to find out how each of their lives turns out. Congratulations on the BOTD!
Nisha
Official Reviewer Representative

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein
Sameena Ansari
Favorite Book: Dracula
Currently Reading: Losing Hope
Bookshelf Size: 50

Post by Sameena Ansari »

In Unsound, Ash Finley skillfully explores the complexities of youth, weaving together a tapestry of relatable characters and their unique perspectives. This powerful coming-of-age story is a must-read for anyone seeking an emotional and thought-provoking experience.
Lady Gaga 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Lady Gaga 1 »

A group of problematic youngsters is followed in Ash Finley's young adult romance book Unsound as they attend a boarding school for at-risk kids in a remote Washington State Forest. Through the eyes of many persons who have had their childhoods stolen from them, the novel examines the themes of family, friendship, trauma, addiction, and identity. Readers who reviewed the book gave it high marks for its emotional effect, character development, and writing style.
Vidhi Adhikari
Currently Reading: True Teryn
Bookshelf Size: 280
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vidhi-adhikari.html
Latest Review: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless by Mitzi Perdue

Post by Vidhi Adhikari »

Always up for fiction with strong character developments. Looking forward to reading this one. Congratulations on being listed as Book of the day.
Sou Hi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

Congrats on BOTD. I guess those who like teenage romance will enjoy the stories in Rainier boarding school.
Vijay Kumar 13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by Vijay Kumar 13 »

"Unsound" by Ash Finley is a captivating novel set in a boarding school for troubled teens. With diverse characters. This book earns a five-star rating. Recommended for young adult readers, but caution for sensitive readers due to heavy topics.
Sharill Rasowo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharill-rasowo.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Sharill Rasowo »

I am curious about the lives of Holly, Jon, Jay, and Mindy as they navigate the many challenges of being at-risk teens whose families have placed them in Rainier as a last resort. This book seems like it would be a good coming-of-age story. Congratulations on BOTD.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”