Review of Second Chance Lovers

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Alex Reeves
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Magnets
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-reeves.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus
fav_author_id: 77547

Review of Second Chance Lovers

Post by Alex Reeves »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Second Chance Lovers" by Mila Appledford.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

When Elena saw Josh in a restaurant for the first time since he supposedly abandoned her after their steamy night in Brazil ten years ago, the dread and emotion she felt robbed her of many nights of sleep. Second Chance Lovers by Mila Appledford tells the story of Elena and Josh as the two meet again ten years after a short-lived, passionate relationship between them that resulted in a child. Fast-forward to the present, and Elena, now divorced and with a 10-year-old daughter, Paloma, plans to relocate back to Brazil after several unwelcome yet pleasing encounters with Josh. Josh is risking losing his job because of his wild ways, and when he sees Elena after all those years, he hopes to rectify his past mistakes and turn a new leaf for her. He tries to win her back with his unabashed charm, hoping to rekindle the fire that never went out between them. However, he now has to win the hearts of both Elena and her daughter, and with Elena's family not fully supportive of him, his task becomes even more difficult. Will he and Elena give each other a second chance at love, or will they decide to move on with their normal lives? Check out this erotic, steamy, fascinating novel to find out.

Sincerely speaking, there are not many words to describe steamy novels such as this. This book had a remarkable plot, and although the coincidences in it were a bit rampant, they seemed like nothing out of the ordinary. The author staged several events that made the couple's reunion inevitable, and I was fascinated by that. Moreover, the characters in this book were strong and independent, and they all had a conviction to make things work for them, and I highly approve of this factor. The best part of this book, of course, was the romance. The attraction between the two major characters never dwindled for one bit, and it was clear that nothing could stop them from being together. I particularly enjoy books like this, so I must state that this book was certainly one of the best I've read so far. Additionally, the script of this book was near-perfect, as I found only one single error in the book. As far as I can tell, the reading process was very smooth, and I commend the author for that.

From my standpoint, there are no negative aspects to this book. Do note that this book contains explicitly detailed mature content, so it's better suited to an older audience. Moreover, this book would not appeal to you if you're not fond of steamy, erotic, or romance novels, as this book entails all of the aforementioned.

This book was professionally edited, as I found only one error in it. All said and done, I confer an appropriate rating of 5 out of 5 stars on this book, as there is no reason for me to rate it less. This is a book that I very much enjoyed, and I'll do well to share that fact with my friends and colleagues.

I would suitably recommend this book specifically to lovers of steamy, passion-filled romance novels. If you're one of us, do well to get your copy. What are you doing today?

Second Chance Lovers
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
“Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted to bear.”
Marcus Aurelius :tiphat:
Natasha Kim
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-natasha-kim.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Natasha Kim »

Oh, how anxious I am to read this book. I love romance novels. Would love to know how Elena and josh strived to be in each other arms again. Thanks for this sweet review. It's a must-read for me.
zynnyx_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zynnyx.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by zynnyx_ »

This book sounds exciting, although I'm not into books with strong sexual content. However, I laud the author's impressive storytelling.
:D
Charles Ashinze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-ashinze.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Charles Ashinze »

The storyline seems captivating and interesting. However, I'm curious about Josh's desire to turn a new leaf. Did the desire for a change come up because he saw Elena? I guess I'll have to read the book to find out. But it seems questionable and impractical to me.
angeline odhiambo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by angeline odhiambo »

I'm interested to know how Josh won the hearts of Elena's family, his daughter and Elena herself, and how they lives changed after that reconciliation
Night Reader 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-night-reader-1.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Night Reader 1 »

Very engaging review. And the story sounds engaging too. Thanks for the review.
Princess Sibanda 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Princess Sibanda 1 »

Sounds like my cup of tea. Just want to read it already

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”