Review of When Crazy Loves You

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Judy O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy-o.html
Latest Review: Granite Kingdom by Eric Pope

Review of When Crazy Loves You

Post by Judy O »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "When Crazy Loves You" by Stephen Byrd.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

When Crazy Loves You is a fictional romance story by Stephen Byrd. It follows the story of Josh Barnow, an EMT, having troubles in his marriage. Josh had been married to Lisa for a long time; however, they had no offspring. Lisa got a better job as time progressed and concluded that Josh was below her. She did not invite him to her work parties, did not introduce her friends to him, restricted his friends, and, most importantly, denied him sex. However, Josh continued the relationship because he loved her and did not want to leave her.

While working the night shift with his partner, Dillon, one night, they get a call from a nursing home about an emergency. While attending to the patient, Josh meets the nurse's aide on duty, Cheyenne, and immediately becomes attracted to her. Cheyenne, too, becomes instantly attracted to him, and they get caught in each other's spells. However, it is said that "all that glitters isn't gold." As they begin to know each other, Josh discovers that Cheyenne might not be all she seems, as she shows signs of possessiveness and obsessiveness, even to the point of knowingly wrecking his marriage. Ruining his marriage is nothing compared to the terrible things she has thought up. Read on to get details on how Josh handles the situation.

When Crazy Loves You is an interestingly brief story, which I appreciated reading. I covered it in one sitting and got a lot from it. Although fictional, the behaviors portrayed by some people in relationships are terrible. I do not blame Josh for what he did; I even think his actions came too late. This book was simple, with a beautiful plot that wasn't hard to grasp. The character development was wonderfully carried out, and the audience would have no issues comprehending them. The dialogue was simple; this work was a brief mix of romance, suspense, life, and a bit of crazy.

I disliked nothing in the story, and I'm sure anyone who picks this book up would enjoy it. However, I must say that I was not too fond of the cover of this book; I did not find it attractive, as I had almost skipped it in the beginning. I only spotted one error throughout my reading, which led me to conclude that this book was professionally edited.

Based on the overall positive aspects of this book described above, I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. It was brief and exciting. I recommend this book to audiences interested in fiction, mystery, suspense, and life. However, I must warn you that this book contains some gruesome scenes that may not be okay for everyone.

When Crazy Loves You
View: on Bookshelves
Mhiz Vyi Vyan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mhiz-vyi-vyan.html
Latest Review: Beyond The Headlights by Allan Davis

Post by Mhiz Vyi Vyan »

I am eager to know what will be the final situation between Josh and Lisa. Thanks for a lovely review.
Blackstenius
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Magician's Secret
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blackstenius.html
Latest Review: Amora by Grant Hallstrom

Post by Blackstenius »

Interesting storyline. I'd like to know how Josh and Lisa's relationship ended up being, and what Josh did to put an end to his relationship with Cheyenne.
The gift turned out to be a curse. They killed him with kindness.
Victor Ayub Migos
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victor-ayub-migos.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Victor Ayub Migos »

The book sounds like a good refreshing read. Considering I'm a die-hard fan of dark romance novel, I can't wait to read it.
Joseph Seeletse
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Joseph Seeletse »

I found this book interesting my focus on this book is about Lisa who change after find a work,it show that Lisa no longer love josh and Josh for the seek of the love he have for Lisa is good
Charles Babbage
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-babbage.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Charles Babbage »

When Crazy Loves You is a fictional novel by Stephen Byrd that gives you that understanding of the concept of love and what it entails.
Francis Ignacio
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimaobi-ignatius-egenti.html
Latest Review: Jack by J.S.Parker

Post by Francis Ignacio »

One thing I gleaned from the review of this book is that it is a short story that can be read at a go. This is definitely my type of book any day any time. I would like to.knownwhat happens to the young lovers.
Latest Review: Jack by J.S.Parker
Oluchi23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchi23.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Oluchi23 »

Though, i have not read this book but your review for actually fits into the title of the book. I will add it to my bookshelf ASAP. The story line is educating. Bravo, nice job.
Oluchi Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchi-samuel.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Oluchi Samuel »

This book has an interesting storyline. Lisa was a horrible person for treating Josh that way. I hope he ended things with Cheyenne before she did something drastic. Great review.
Favour Alade Boluwatife
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riam333.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Favour Alade Boluwatife »

This is quite an amazing book and I can't wait to read it to know how Josh handled his love triangle
Jerry Anozie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerry-anozie.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Jerry Anozie »

From the tittle of this book I can say that it all about two characters. But then, I want to know them and I want to see what's crazy about them.
Famzi Ken
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-famzi-ken.html
Latest Review: My Pound of Flesh by William Thielman

Post by Famzi Ken »

I was intrigued by the title of this book. The summary in this review makes me more eager to read the book. The plot doesn't sound fictional, so I'd enjoy this story. Great review.
Tamara Bengesai
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tamara-bengesai.html
Latest Review: Seeking... Finding... Healing... by Becky Lu Jackson
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Tamara Bengesai »

This is an intriguing title. I love dark romance, would love to read and see how Josh handled the triangle he got himself into. The review is astonishing.
Kaylee Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaylee-samuel.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Kaylee Samuel »

The book title piqued my interest, and the review has drawn me further. This is going to make it to my must-read list. I want to know how Josh got rid of the crazy female.
Ekaete Bruno
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekaete-bruno.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Post by Ekaete Bruno »

This book is some high level romance movie that not everyone would get at first but as you go along the line you'd get it.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”