Review of Aeternum

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Shanesha Sammerson
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 229
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shanesha-sammerson.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Review of Aeternum

Post by Shanesha Sammerson »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Aeternum" by AK Cooper-Elliot.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Aeternum by AK Cooper-Elliot is a classic crime fiction trope about a low-profile mobster family where Eleanor is unaware of her husband, Theo's true identity as a gangster. He lives a double life, attempting to balance his devotion to his criminal vices with his obligations to his family and the need to conceal his criminal activities from his loved ones.

Eleanor and her two friends, Elizabeth and Emily, met their husbands at the Banquet of Tranquility. The setting was early 1900 in London, and the girls had been arranged to marry respectable suitors, but that night their lives changed, and they soon married and sailed away to America with Theo and his friends WJ and Howard. Theo was extremely wealthy and treated Eleanor like a princess, but those who crossed him vanished. He was a film producer, and Eleanor eagerly joined the industry as an actress. However, when she was ready to start a family, her stressful environment caused complications.

One of the story's main draws is the tension created by Theo's struggle to keep his secret while also protecting his family from the dangers of the criminal underworld. This created a sense of suspense that kept me reading because I was curious when and if the protagonist's deception would be revealed. I adored his character the most because he prioritized his family and his love for his wife above all else.

The author described the characters so well that I had a clear picture of what they looked like. Also, the book was not centered on a single character, but rather each one was given their own scene so that the reader could experience different perspectives. As a result, the book was a little longer than usual, but it was like getting two novels for the price of one.

The book had a few flaws, one of which was that the characters fell in love far too easily. Most of them met their life partners through love at first sight, which I found overly cliche. In addition, I discovered numerous errors, indicating that it was not professionally edited, so I deducted a star.

The plot of the book, on the other hand, was intriguing, with a mix of mystery, drama, and action. As a result, it is deserving of four out of five stars. It also appears to be character-driven, with an emphasis on the three friends' families and their relationships with one another. AK Cooper-Elliot, the author, has a talent for creating relatable and multi-dimensional characters, and this aspect of the book should appeal to readers who enjoy character-driven stories.

Aeternum
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
John Kingsley Ken
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-kingsley-ken.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by John Kingsley Ken »

What a load of mysteries and suspense, I can imagine Eleanor reaction when she get to meet with the other version of Theo. The author really made it difficult for the reader to take his or her eyes off the book while reading, it's such a interesting storyline. Nice review.
Ben Madeley
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ben-madeley.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ben Madeley »

This book sounds interesting but I'm not sure if I'll enjoy the romantic parts of this story, but I like your review.
zynnyx_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zynnyx.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by zynnyx_ »

For a mobster like Theo, having a family sure has threatening consequences. Your review is effortlessly easy to understand. Thank you.
:D

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”