Review of Dancing in the Mist

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Emily Meadows
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emily-meadows.html
Latest Review: Forever Young by Karma Wiederrick

Review of Dancing in the Mist

Post by Emily Meadows »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Dancing in the Mist" by Laurel Gurnsey.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Dancing in the Mist by Laurel Gurnsey is a romance novel about a woman named Ashley Gallagher who travels to Ireland to paint a trophy-winning horse. On her way to Ireland, she takes a ferry across the Irish Sea. The weather is foggy, and the ferry gets hit by another ship and sinks. Also on the ferry is Daemon O’Hare, a Scotland Yard detective. Daemon is doing undercover work to solve what is turning out to be one of his most challenging cases. An informant told him that a package was going to be passed to a courier at the ferry station and that there would be a kidnapping. Daemon is surprised when the package is put in Ashley’s tote bag.

As the ferry sinks, Ashley and Daemon end up on the same lifeboat. Ashley digs in her bag to make sure she still has her passport and finds the package inside. Surprised, she unwraps it, finding a book of poetry by Yeats. The book doesn’t look suspicious, and it doesn’t have anyone’s name written inside. Strangely, some words in the book are underlined. Ashley thinks about throwing the book overboard, but tucks it in her bag to deal with later. Ashley doesn’t realize how dangerous the book is or the danger she’s in because it’s in her possession. Daemon is unsure whether Ashley is a criminal or an innocent bystander now caught in an active crime.

I really enjoyed reading this book. Dancing in the Mist is the kind of romance novel you dream of reading. It is packed with action, and the plot moves quickly. I struggled to put the book down because I wanted to know what was going to happen next. Ashley is a strong heroine, whose immediate suspicion of the book leads her to take quick action that ultimately helps to crack the code inside. Daemon struggles to maintain his professional demeanor as he falls for Ashley and wants to keep her safe. When Daemon clears Ashley of suspicion, he realizes his hardest challenge will be keeping her safe from the criminals who want her dead. Both characters are well-developed, and that helps readers understand them better.

There wasn’t much I didn’t like about the book. It felt professionally edited and had very few typos in the text. The plot is original and seemed to have been well researched. The imagery around the horses and Ashley’s ability to connect with them is beautiful. The detail around the code buried in Yeats’ book of poetry shows how deep the author went to make this story feel credible. This was a book that I was sad to see end, and I would have liked a bit more of the story before the book moved on to the epilogue. That said, this is the first book in a trilogy, so I anticipate that I will get to “see” these characters again in the next book. I can’t wait!

I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. It was well-written, with a plot that kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time. I really enjoyed it. I would recommend this book to romance novel aficionados; this one is a gem that shouldn’t be missed. I would also recommend this book to anyone interested in steeplechase horse racing or in horses in general. And finally, I would recommend this book to painters who paint animals and landscapes.

Dancing in the Mist
View: on Bookshelves
Elina Tshabalala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elina-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Elina Tshabalala »

I am a romance fanatic and will be adding this book to my bookshelf thanks to your review!
Oluchi23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchi23.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Oluchi23 »

The book cover is glaring and attractive. I will add it to my bookshelf as soon as possible. To know the content of the book more. I commend your work.
Oluchi23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchi23.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Oluchi23 »

The book cover is glaring and attractive. I will add it to my bookshelf as soon as possible. To know the content of the book more. I commend your work.
Emily Meadows
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Post by Emily Meadows »

ElinaT wrote: 17 Mar 2023, 21:22 I am a romance fanatic and will be adding this book to my bookshelf thanks to your review!
Yes! It’s a great book!
Emily Meadows
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Post by Emily Meadows »

Oluchi23 wrote: 18 Mar 2023, 04:44 The book cover is glaring and attractive. I will add it to my bookshelf as soon as possible. To know the content of the book more. I commend your work.
It's really a great book. :)

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”