Review of Freefalling

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Alex Reeves
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Magnets
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-reeves.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus
fav_author_id: 77547

Review of Freefalling

Post by Alex Reeves »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Freefalling" by Eme McAnam.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Senior romance is a topic that is broached by only a few people, but come to think of it, everyone deserves to be loved at some point in their lives, no matter how old they are. In this book, Freefalling: a Novel of Senior Romance by Eme McAnam, we are transported into the accomplished mind of Charlotte, the successful sixty-year-old operator of a five-star hotel. Despite her successful career, Charlotte doesn't seem content with her life, as she seeks true love and happiness, which have proven to evade her for a long time. After a turbulent childhood filled with molestations by her now-sick father, she finds herself between a rock and a hard place, trying to bring herself to forgive her father for his past actions. She meets Brandon, a married man who professes his love for her despite his responsibilities, a love that she reciprocates but finds hard to deal with. She also considers her interactions with her attractive trail guide, Stefan, and she cannot trust herself to choose the right man for her. All the while dealing with the fear of Lewy Body dementia, a sickness that has roots in her family, Charlotte, like every other person, wishes to be loved and cherished, even though she once thought that she had no use for men. Can she navigate through her struggles and eventually find the peace she seeks, or will she be left deprived of the one thing that makes life worth living? Check out this subtle, thought-provoking novel to find out.

The author of this novel, Eme McAnam, clearly understood her mission before she went on to write this book. She made sure to write the things that she was deeply aware of, like the effects of Lewy Body dementia and the healing powers of the Celts, and I was intrigued by all of it. I enjoyed how the author detailed Charlotte's life from the perspective of a passerby, like someone who just stood in one place to observe the things going on. The romance part of this novel was thrilling to read, and I appreciated the deep feelings the characters had for each other as they declared themselves to be soulmates. I also felt the full effect of friendship in this novel, as I was pleased with the care Charlotte was given after her dementia started kicking in.

From the details in the book, I was well-informed of the symptoms of Lewy Body dementia, and I felt bad that anyone has to go through such. This novel was not just about romance; it was a tale of forgiveness, peace, love, and trust. This book was a subtle read, and it made me reflect, more often than not, on the situations of Charlotte, Brandon, and Stefan, and these reflections brought about a deeper connection to the characters. 

The only aspect of this book that didn't impress me was the writing style. The author wrote it in such a way that short phrases and words were used to describe the scenes in the book. She didn't describe a scene with one sentence, as is widely done, but instead used short phrases and words with full stops after them to explain the scenes in the book. I couldn't accurately picture the scenes due to this, and I hope to state that explicitly.

This book contains only a few errors, and I can boldly state that it was professionally edited. All said and done, I rate this book 4 out of 5 stars, and I deducted a star mostly because of the writing style, which seemed poor to me. Apart from this, however, this book was very fascinating, and I believe that many people will enjoy reading it.

This book contains sexual content, and I believe that it's more suitable for a mature audience. As stated in the title, it is a novel of senior romance, so I appropriately recommend it to senior readers who'd love a book about romantic love and true happiness. 

Freefalling
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
“Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted to bear.”
Marcus Aurelius :tiphat:
Ajibola Gabriel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajibola-gabriel.html
Latest Review: The Vitality System by Kyle Gonzalez

Post by Ajibola Gabriel »

Time after time, I read about people with childhood traumas and how this affect their lives as adults. Children really should be protected as they will become adults in the future and we do want a world with healthy adults.
Hee Via
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hee-via.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Hee Via »

Parents who make their children go through this truly are unfair as they are depriving their child of a normal life. This really needs to be stopped.
Last edited by Hee Via on 20 Mar 2023, 19:19, edited 1 time in total.
Baba Thoust
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-baba-thoust.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven! by Jemima Paul and Arvind Paul

Post by Baba Thoust »

Charlotte's life to me is like one of most successful older women who are above average in their life successes but lack the same in other aspects of their lives. I would love to learn of her story, of how she received love later on in her life, and how she coped with her family curse. Great review.
Asma Aisha Ansari
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Roadside Picnic
Currently Reading: Sapiens
Bookshelf Size: 812
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asma-aisha-ansari.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Asma Aisha Ansari »

I'm drawn in by the unique perspective of senior romance in 'Freefalling' by Eme McAnam. Charlotte's journey to find love after a difficult past is intriguing. The struggle with Lewy Body dementia adds depth, making me eager to uncover if she'll finally find love and peace.
Imagination is a good servant, and a bad master. - Agatha Christie
Domeseo Camus Meda
Currently Reading: The Stealthy Viral Pimpernel
Bookshelf Size: 195
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-domeseo-camus-meda.html
Latest Review: The Beautiful Business by Steven Morris

Post by Domeseo Camus Meda »

A BOOK BY EME MCANAM TALKING ABOUT CHARLOTTE THE OPERATOR OF A 5-STAR HOTEL AT SIXTY YEARS AND DESPITE HER SUCCESSFUL CAREER, DOES NOT SEEM SATISFIED WITH HER LIFE BECAUSE SHE IS LOOKING FOR TRUE LOVE, HER FAMILY, HIS MEETINGS...
A BOOK FOR ADULTS AND FANS OF ROMANTIC LOVE AND TRUE HAPPINESS. GOOD REVIEW
Domeseo Camus Meda
Currently Reading: The Stealthy Viral Pimpernel
Bookshelf Size: 195
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-domeseo-camus-meda.html
Latest Review: The Beautiful Business by Steven Morris

Post by Domeseo Camus Meda »

A BOOK BY EME MCANAM TALKING ABOUT CHARLOTTE THE OPERATOR OF A 5-STAR HOTEL AT SIXTY YEARS AND DESPITE HER SUCCESSFUL CAREER, DOES NOT SEEM SATISFIED WITH HER LIFE BECAUSE SHE IS LOOKING FOR TRUE LOVE, HER FAMILY, HIS MEETINGS...
A BOOK FOR ADULTS AND FANS OF ROMANTIC LOVE AND TRUE HAPPINESS. GOOD REVIEW
Hy Be
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 231
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hy-be.html
Latest Review: The Fish House by G L Rockey

Post by Hy Be »

The book revolves around the successful women seeking true love and finding solace in married man. This book is for adults.
AntonelaMaria
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-antonelamaria.html
Latest Review: Voices of liberty in tribute to the American revolution by Robert Keiper

Post by AntonelaMaria »

I like to read romance so I will check this book out. The only thing that can be a problem is the writing style. We will see. I like marure characters in books. The senior romance sounds kind of weird I wouls choose a different word. Beautiful cover.
“Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.”
The Minpins by Roald Dahl
Margi zuu202
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Living in Color
Currently Reading: Water Bound (Sisters of the Heart, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 83091
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 1000
2024 Goal Completion: 1067%

Post by Margi zuu202 »

Book 📖📚📖📚📖📚 of the day BOTD is romantic by debut novelist mcAnam he offers unique romance flashing between a woman battling dementia together with her dad battling the same illness but the woman ( Charlotte ) discover that her golden years of life can still hold happiness the old age can not stop her from enjoying life..I really enjoyed this book it was well written and reviewed I will recommend it 💯✅
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

I haven't read senior romance yet, and I was curious about how older people manage romantic aspects, so Charlotte's story is one to consider too. However, there are complications, as she mingled with a married man. How will Charlotte find true love and happiness in this situation? This is intriguing. Congratulations to the author on BOTD!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Ailyn Pangatongan
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ailyn Pangatongan »

From the details in the book, I was well-informed of the symptoms of Lewy Body dementia, and I felt bad that anyone has to go through such. This novel was not just about romance; it was a tale of forgiveness, peace, love, and trust.
Deeptan2425
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Deeptan2425 »

"Freefalling" by Eme McAnam is a captivating novel that skillfully weaves together themes of self-discovery, love, and personal growth. The story follows the journey of its protagonist as they navigate life's challenges and uncertainties. McAnam's writing is both poignant and engaging, allowing readers to empathize with the characters and become invested in their stories. The narrative unfolds with a perfect balance of emotional depth and intriguing twists, keeping the reader hooked from beginning to end. With its relatable characters and thought-provoking plot, "Freefalling" is a must-read for anyone who enjoys a heartfelt and immersive literary experience.
Ezra Dapaah
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ezra-dapaah.html
Latest Review: The Vine by Adria L. Dunn
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Ezra Dapaah »

The book of the day is impressive, True love is something many Adults are really seeking for, and having read through the review of "Freefalling" by Eme McAnam.] , with Charlotte condition, she really needs to be loved.
Cebisile Khali
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cebisile-khali.html
Latest Review: Thriving in the Storm by Bill Murphy

Post by Cebisile Khali »

"Free Falling" by Eme McAnam is a captivating and emotionally charged novel that delves into the complexities of relationships, personal growth, and the power of letting go. With beautifully descriptive prose, the author paints a vivid picture of the characters' inner struggles and the challenges they face. The story follows the journey of its relatable and multidimensional characters, making readers reflect on their own lives and choices. McAnam's exploration of themes like love, loss, and self-discovery adds depth to the narrative, keeping readers engaged until the very end. "Free Falling" is a thought-provoking read that leaves a lasting impact and is bound to resonate with anyone seeking a heartfelt and introspective story.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”