Review of Breathe

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Review of Breathe

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Breathe" by Mason Miles.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The book Breathe by Mason Miles is a fiction novel whose characters are imaginative. The story begins with Masuyo on an airplane traveling down to Logan, Utah, in the United States from his hometown. The young man who had just lost his partner was devastated. The sadness of the loss was overwhelming to the extent that he traveled with a picture of his boyfriend, which always reminded him of their time together. On landing at his destination, he was embraced by his music bandmates, Airi Akamine, Daichi Fukui, and Yukira Hirata. This group later organized a concert that the entire Utah State University student body attended.

On the night of Masuyo's arrival at his friend Yukira's dorm, he met a friend named Josh William Vinson, who approached the team to seek approval on taking their shot, as it was a requirement for his photojournalism course. That began Josh's friendship with the band. Find out in this book what Josh's friendship with the group resulted in and their performance at the concert.

I enjoyed the storyline; there was no dull moment. Each of the five chapters of the book flows together without any breaks in the novella. The sincere encouragement from Masuyo's friend portrays the beauty of being surrounded by genuine people. I also enjoy the interest Josh shows in his environment. He believes that humans should be responsible for their environment. Josh's curiosity always gave him access to classified information from his new friends. The author is direct in his approach to writing, and Mason also laid a good foundation for the reader to understand the actors' perspective.

Even though the chapters are poorly organized and scattered throughout the pages, the story is captivating. If one is not careful, one can get lost in the transition as I follow through the story because the story is not well separated into paragraphs. Masuyo's feelings are mixed; he’s always unsure whether to let go or hold on to his sorrow.

The author did a fine job with the book's plot and how bold he was with the writing, knowing fully well that not everyone agrees with same-sex relationships. I am inclusive, but I give it to him with the title and the plot.

The book was professionally edited and intriguing, so I will give it four out of five stars. I recommend this book to adults who will look beyond the sexual orientation represented by the author to learn lessons from the book.

Breathe
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Elina Tshabalala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elina-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Elina Tshabalala »

Loss can be so overwhelming. I hope Masuyo learned to cope with his friends. Thanks for the review!
Jê hii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mnnn-g.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Jê hii »

Your opening paragraph made me think Musayo was gay😂😂 or is he?
Jay Alex
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-alex.html
Latest Review: The 36 Watchers, book II: Spring by Dan Bar Hava

Post by Jay Alex »

Iooss isn't an easy thing. Masuyo(male to male) interesting. You did a good review on the book. Welldone.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”