Review of A Compromising Position

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Stephanie Elizabeth
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Do You Remember Me? by Wm M Crouch

Review of A Compromising Position

Post by Stephanie Elizabeth »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A Compromising Position" by Diane Merrill Wigginton.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

After being promoted to the sought-after position of campaign manager for Russell Tillman, Catherine Lawrence feels a great sense of accomplishment. The business of politics is competitive and cut-throat, and Catherine is making great strides in her career. But despite her burgeoning success, she cannot ignore the gaping hole in her heart; she is becoming increasingly lonely.

Enter swoon-worthy Aussie surfer Jake, who moves in next door and immediately sets his sights on Catherine. While Catherine relishes the attention of a handsome suitor, she wonders if there is room for her career and a relationship. She has always been forthcoming with Jake; her job is her first priority. But how will Jake feel playing second fiddle to her career long-term? Doesn't he deserve more?

A Compromising Position by Diane Merrill Wigginton is a light-hearted romance about making sacrifices for love. The book is written from the third-person perspective, following Catherine Lawrence as she navigates the uncharted waters of love while juggling her demanding job as a campaign manager. The charming story takes place in beautiful Florida, where the temperature isn't the only thing sizzling.

The book had many things to love; one of my favorites was Catherine and Jake's sensual but tasteful chemistry. The author deftly crafted scenes that highlighted their attraction from their initial meeting and created palpable tension. Between stolen glances and their sarcastic, albeit playful, banter, it captured my attention. I quickly became invested in their burgeoning romance. I was desperate to know if there was anything beyond that intriguing physical attraction.

Beyond the well-developed character relationships, I enjoyed learning about Catherine's job as a campaign manager. It added dimension and proved that it wasn't your typical cookie-cutter romance story. Catherine was more than a damsel in distress, waiting for some man to sweep her off her feet. She was a fierce, independent woman who was driven to succeed in her career. I appreciated that she didn't let it take a backseat to a guy. Between handling the Tillman scandal and doing some serious damage control, it was apparent Catherine was a force to be reckoned with—putting out fires and looking fabulous all at the same time.

There was nothing to dislike about the book; it was thoroughly entertaining and professionally edited. I have chosen to give A Compromising Position a rating of five out of five stars because of the red-hot chemistry between Catherine and Jake and the emphasis on Catherine's political career.

I recommend the book to anyone who loves an immersive romance. Catherine and Jake's story is sweet and sexy without being smutty and will resonate with many readers.

A Compromising Position
View: on Bookshelves
QaziMuhammad
Currently Reading: A Compromising Position
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by QaziMuhammad »

A beautifully written historical romance novel that expertly weaves social issues of the time into the narrative. The characters are engaging, and the chemistry between them is palpable. Highly recommended for fans of the genre.
Chinedum Chijioke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinedum-chijioke.html
Latest Review: Hillary’s Kitchen Dietary Feeds for Dietary Needs by Hillary Teske

Post by Chinedum Chijioke »

Human relationship is all about making sacrifices if we are to be sincere with ourselves, they can't thrive without sacrifices. Thanks for the review.
mehakdeepkaur02

Post by mehakdeepkaur02 »

This is the best book I have read in this year. I will recommend this to everyone as for people who believe in love and inspiration. Must go
Stephanie Stones
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okonchika.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Stephanie Stones »

This is an interesting and well thought of review. I would love to try out this book and know more about the fascinating things in it. This is an interesting storyline.
Adeoluwa Adebusuyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adeoluwa-adebusuyi.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Adeoluwa Adebusuyi »

This is a good and well written review. You captured all the important components of the book and I would definitely love to try out this book. Well done.
Adeoluwa Adebusuyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adeoluwa-adebusuyi.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Adeoluwa Adebusuyi »

This is a good and well written review. You captured all the important components of the book and I would definitely love to try out this book. Well done.
Favour Hillz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-hillz.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Favour Hillz »

This review is well detailed and captivating. It contains the important information about the book. I'm looking forward to reading this book. Thanks for a wonderful review.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

I like immersive romance books. From your review, Catherine and Jake's love story seems challenging because Catherine prioritizes her career. How will Jake capture her heart? Interesting one. Your review is marvelous!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Praganshu
Currently Reading: Riley Youngblood and the Passport to Santalamanchia
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praganshu.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Praganshu »

Diane Merrill Wigginton’s “A Compromising Position” is a heartfelt tale of unexpected love, illustrating how opposites attract and the sacrifices made for a happily ever after. The story’s charm lies in its ability to blend romance with life’s unpredictable twists, creating a narrative that not only entertains but resonates with the complexities of love and moral dilemmas.
Nancy004
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancy004.html
Latest Review: A third is darkness by Murray Bailey

Post by Nancy004 »

"A Compromising Position" offers a delightful blend of romance and career ambition, with Catherine's fiery personality and Jake's swoon-worthy charm keeping readers hooked. The chemistry between the characters is palpable, making it a must-read for fans of immersive romance.
Marvellous00

Post by Marvellous00 »

Believing in social relationships is an optional basis of love being romantic and treated right is what we humans deserved.
Azuka Christian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azuka-christian.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Azuka Christian »

I think this would be an amazing romance novel. The review was captivating and made me immediately interested in reading the book. I would love to know the progress on these two characters' relationship. Congrats on winning BOTD.
Mamman Alhassan Thomas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mamman-alhassan-thomas.html
Latest Review: Finding Happiness & Purpose with Stage 4 Cancer by Annabelle Maurer

Post by Mamman Alhassan Thomas »

This is an interesting and well thought of review. I would love to read this book. This is an interesting storyline.
Rebecca De Figueiredo
Favorite Book: Sent to Watch
Currently Reading: Enlightenment for the Things that Really Matter
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebecca-de-figueiredo.html
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey

Post by Rebecca De Figueiredo »

As we start the book and learn that Catherine tended her sick grandmother after being raised by her, the reader has an inner hope that this young, independent and caring woman will find happiness in love.
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”