Review of A Compromising Position

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Harty Muli
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: I Have Proof of a Higher Power by Ioan Dirina

Re: Review of A Compromising Position

Post by Harty Muli »

I really want to know what happens to Catherine Lawrence when she tries to build a relationship with
Jake Ryan after a long time of being lonely even as her career is sky rocketing. I think she shouldn't be doubting whether love and a high-flying career can coexist. Thanks for the review.
Olga Markova
Currently Reading: The Postscript Murders
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olga-markova.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Olga Markova »

Your review is very insightful, Stephanie! I sampled the episode where Catherine is introduced to us at the meeting sacking the failed campaign manager, and I liked the fast-moving plot with detailed character development. From your review, I feel intrigued about Catherine's political career more than her romance with Jake though!
Seamstress
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85

Post by Seamstress »

Finding a balance in conflict between work and family, professional and personal, is always quite hard game. You set priorities, but it is never clear how one can be accomplished without the other, so maybe some tips won't be amiss)) Congrats with BOTD!
Emeka Emordi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-emordi.html
Latest Review: God is Willing by Charlene Murray

Post by Emeka Emordi »

Catherine's portrayal as a strong, independent woman resonates with me. It's empowering to see a character who prioritizes her career while also exploring the complexities of love. The blend of romance and professional ambition creates a multifaceted narrative that I'm eager to delve into.
Ngozi Onyibor
Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Sugar & Spice
Currently Reading: The Wizard of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ngozi-onyibor.html
Latest Review: The Man In the cafe by Michael J Pilkington

Post by Ngozi Onyibor »

Today's book is a captivating romance novel that follows an ambitious woman as she navigates balancing her love life and a demanding career that she loves.
Kiah_27
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by Kiah_27 »

The book offers a heartwarming love tale with unexpected turns. If you enjoy enemies-to-lovers romance set against a political backdrop, "A Compromising Position" might be your cup of tea! 📖❤️.
Fanny Lebura Ueh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fanny-lebura-ueh.html
Latest Review: Jason's Magic Journeys by Sylvia Hebden

Post by Fanny Lebura Ueh »

The story's allure lies in seamlessly intertwining romance with life's unpredictable turns. I'm keen to discover the developments in the relationship between these two characters.
Jatto Onimisi
Currently Reading: Shitolian
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jatto-onimisi.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Jatto Onimisi »

This is a beautifully written fictional story that explores the testing waters of compromise between relationship and careers. First, I admire Catherine's attitude to her career in this book. Second, I am totally impressed by her brilliance, boldness, and efficiency at her job. Catherine showed that despite the demands of her job, she was still capable of giving and receiving love. Extensively, she showed that there could be a balance between one's relationship and career, even if sacrifices have to be made.
EUCABETH ACHIENG
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eucabeth-achieng.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven! by Jemima Paul and Arvind Paul
2024 Reading Goal: 27
2024 Goal Completion: 7%

Post by EUCABETH ACHIENG »

This review is well done in a way that I can't wait to sit down somewhere and read the book. Well done. Also, I like the 'girls running the world' theme going on.
Chad Anthony
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chad-anthony.html
Latest Review: Delightful Hands by Andrew Pace

Post by Chad Anthony »

The chemistry between Catherine and Jake sounds electric yet grounded, adding depth to their budding romance. It's refreshing to hear that their relationship is portrayed with nuance and subtlety, rather than relying solely on steamy encounters. I'm curious to witness their dynamic unfold throughout the story.
Omneya Shakeep
Favorite Book: Catching Genesis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 163
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omneya-shakeep.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Omneya Shakeep »

This seems to be an intriguing romance novel with many layers to peel. The banter between the couple will definitely add appeal and delight to the story. I'm curious: how will they compromise for their love to continue? Congratulations on BOTD! 
"Those who feel grateful, and are eternally generous, experience life at its richest."
Rob White.
Nisha DSouza
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 160
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-dsouza.html
Latest Review: Isazisi:The Book by Bongani Yona

Post by Nisha DSouza »

A Compromising Position is a romance novel with a strong female character. Catherine and Jake's romance sounds very enticing and I especially loved that the author has not created a regular, overdone romance plot of the lady being rescued by a man. I have added it to my reading list. Congratulations on the BOTD!
Nisha
Official Reviewer Representative

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein
Sia_young
Favorite Author: Sarah J. Maas
Currently Reading: The Red Movement
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sia-young.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer
fav_author_id: 2719
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by Sia_young »

After having read several smutty romances, I must say that the idea of reading another one makes me think twice.
Hence, it is nice to know there are books like 'A Compromising Position' with a historical love plot portraying real chemistry between the couples. Catherine and Jake seem like my ideal couple and I can't wait to know what happens in the story. Including the banter you mentioned;)
Good job on the review.
Omobolanle Savage
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omobolanle-savage.html
Latest Review: Death is the limit by Aggrey Mokone

Post by Omobolanle Savage »

Your review beautifully captures the essence of the book, highlighting both its romantic allure and the protagonist's career-driven journey. The balance between love and ambition seems intricately woven, making it a compelling read. I'm intrigued to see how Catherine navigates her personal and professional life.
Lunar gate
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lunar-gate.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Lunar gate »

"A Compromising Position" follows Catherine, a dedicated campaign manager, as she navigates a budding romance with surfer Jake. Set in Florida, the book expertly weaves together their chemistry and Catherine's career challenges. It offers a fresh perspective on balancing love and work, making it a must-read for those craving a well-crafted romance with strong character development and career themes.The review was well written.congrats on BOTD

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”