Review of Trapped

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Friederic Schröder
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-friederic-schr-der.html
Latest Review: Tangled Branches by William Bailey

Review of Trapped

Post by Friederic Schröder »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Trapped" by Reese.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

It all started with a table game. Four friends from the black community in New Orleans with different backgrounds met in college and established a bond that is stronger than the bond of friends. They became sisters!

Trapped by Reese is a romance novel that depicts the lives of Naomi, Arnya, Stephanie, and Jasmine. The early chapters of this novel depict the lives they lived before college. Naomi came from a wealthy family and was home-schooled because she doesn't like crowds and couldn't stand the bullying in her school. Arnya grew up without a father and was eternally grateful to her mother for teaching her about humility. When she was able to get into college, she lost her mother. Stephanie was the rock of the group; she lived her life without her parents and was only trained by her grandmother, who taught her to be strong. And lastly, Jasmine. She was raised in a foster home, and she learned to be strong after being alone for too long. When all four girls lived under the same roof, they had their differences. Jasmine was jealous of Naomi because of the life she had, but she loved her and protected her from any threat she encountered. The question that lies here is: How would their friendship stand the test of time? Did Naomi and Jasmine become the best of friends among the group of four? To experience the drama and get answers to the question of trust, grab a copy of the novel Trapped by Reese.

The most enthralling and exciting concept of this novel was the author's narrative style; each major character was given a chance to narrate their experience from a first-person perspective. This method of storytelling doesn't only give information about the characters' lives but also elicits emotions from the readers while following the journey of each character in a novel. The relationship between Arnya and Shane was what moved me most in this novel; despite her setbacks, he didn't consider her a lost cause; he loved her still and treated her like an angel. This made Arnya feel special and made her love Shane more than ever. Another point that intrigued me in this novel was that each chapter had something new and unique to offer the readers. I had predictions of how this novel would end, but it didn't happen that way. I also enjoyed reading the dialogue between Stephanie and her grandmother; the author did a great work of art to employ the African-American language style in the novel. When I was reading their conversation, I was enthralled.

I didn't like the frequent sexual descriptions employed in this novel; I felt the novel didn't need much of the sexual descriptions and would still be interesting and fun to read. Apart from this particular dislike, there was nothing that I found dislikeable about this novel; I found each chapter interesting and exciting.

This novel deserves a rating of 5 out of 5 stars because of the author's storytelling ability. I would also ignore the dislike mentioned above because it is insignificant to the enjoyment of this novel. In my course of reading this novel, I noticed that it did not contain a single grammatical error, so I would therefore state that this novel has been thoroughly worked on and is exceptionally well edited.

Romance, love, and drama are the major genres used in this novel, so I would recommend this novel to readers who intend to experience the romance and drama between four female friends. I would also recommend this novel to older readers, as this novel is rated 18 and not suitable for readers below the age of 18 because of the use of sexual descriptions in it.

Trapped
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Patty Allread
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Problems of Work
Currently Reading: Bird by Bird
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patty-allread.html
Latest Review: Hinduism by Dr Hiro G. Badlani

Post by Patty Allread »

I like the concept of four young women who become close like sisters. The narrative style sounds like it enhances this aspect of the story.
Stephanie Stones
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okonchika.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Stephanie Stones »

This is an interesting and well thought of review. I would love to try out this book and know more about the fascinating things in it. This is an interesting storyline.
Max Tiffany
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-max-tiffany.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Max Tiffany »

I like how the author describes each character's background, they all had their challenge but their friendship stand. Love reading stories about college students, and this novel will make a great one for me.
Sara Nóbrega Bartolomeu
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Midwife of Auschwitz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sara-n-brega-bartolomeu.html
Latest Review: Disappearance by Julien Ayotte

Post by Sara Nóbrega Bartolomeu »

I like that we can see the perspective of several characters. Lovely review and very complete
Adeoluwa Adebusuyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adeoluwa-adebusuyi.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Adeoluwa Adebusuyi »

This is a good and well written review. You captured all the important components of the book and I would definitely love to try out this book. Well done.
Famzi Ken
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-famzi-ken.html
Latest Review: My Pound of Flesh by William Thielman

Post by Famzi Ken »

I like reading about long-lasting friendships among women. They teach me vital lessons on how to maintain a good relationship. Great review.
Kelly Peter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelly-peter.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Post by Kelly Peter »

It is always nice to have friends that will always stand by you in any circumstance anytime, anywhere. Nice review.
Sarah Kate Smith
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-kate-smith.html
Latest Review: Ultimate Prepared Bug-In Guide by S.Lee

Post by Sarah Kate Smith »

Four women from different backgrounds finally live under the same roof and know their differences. It seems like a book to read, and I guess there would be a lot of drama in it.
Writes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odhiambo-obedi.html
Latest Review: The Poison Of Perfection by Angela Wadley

Post by Writes »

I love that the book is about four women coming together and making each other stronger. Many books that gave the concept of romance are always ready to show a perspective where women are against each other so this is refreshing.
Kenny Geneva
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenny-geneva.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Kenny Geneva »

Wow, nice review I must commend that the plot of this book piqued my interest and I look forward to reading this book. Good job.
Oluwa Tomisin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwa-tomisin.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Oluwa Tomisin »

Not a fan of romance books but this book right here? The book's cover is so appealing and interesting and I love book that promotes healthy female friendships.
Taiwo Faith 24
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Taiwo Faith 24 »

I'm a big fan of this book. This review is well notified. Giving us some itch of how love can be entangled
:) :D :hand:
Fergie Jessica Edeni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fergie-jessica-edeni.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Fergie Jessica Edeni »

This book features four women who come from varying backgrounds and are now living together, gaining an understanding of their differences. Based on the description, it appears to be an interesting read with the potential for a lot of drama. Great review.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”