Review of Jake: Cat In A Tree

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
Currently Reading: Life at the Precipice
Bookshelf Size: 755
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Review of Jake: Cat In A Tree

Post by Bertha Jackson »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Jake: Cat In A Tree" by Stella Leo.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Have you admired the Australian firefighters you see on calendars? Then Book One of the Sizzling Hot Firefighter series, Jake: Cat In A Tree by Stella Leo, is the book for you. Jake meets Sarah when her cat, Chiff, gets stuck in a tree, and Jake comes to rescue it. Jake puts his phone number in Sarah’s phone, but she hesitates to call him because of their instant attraction. A few days later, Sarah and her friend, Jessica, go to the fire station with fruit and vegetable smoothies to invite Jake and his fellow firefighters to a yoga class. While there, Simon says something derogatory that makes Sarah think that Jake has told his friends about their encounter. Furious, the two women leave without allowing Jake to explain his actions. Jake is devastated but does not know how to fix things between him and Sarah. Was Jake guilty of kissing and telling? Will he get another chance with Jessica? Do they have a future together?

I hesitated to read this book because many erotica books have no plot and are only about sex. However, I decided to read this one because Stella Leo donates a portion of her book sales to the Australian firefighters’ charity for burned children. I was happy to discover that even with the descriptive sex scenes, this book had a plot I quickly became engaged in. Each character is fully developed and could be someone who lives next door to me. I enjoyed the humor in some of the calls these firemen had to take. For example, one elderly lady joked about never changing her fire alarm batteries again because of the handsome firemen who entered her home. The “Hot Notes” section at the end of the book provides essential information about dealing with someone who has been injured.

I commend the author for their tasteful writing of the sexual content. Although descriptive, it is more toned down than what can be found in some books of this nature. There were no negative aspects to this well-written book. My reading pleasure was not diminished by the handful of errors I encountered.

I found no reason to justify giving this professionally edited book less than 5 out of 5 stars. Each book in this series focuses on a different firefighter, and I look forward to reading more of them.

I recommend this book to mature readers who enjoy romance books containing descriptive sexual content and non-borderline profanity. This book is for you if you are a fan of Australian firefighters and their calendars. Also, if you want to help burned children, grab a copy of this book.

Jake: Cat In A Tree
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
Laney K
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laney-k.html
Latest Review: One If by Carol B Allen
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 44%

Post by Laney K »

The fact that book is helping burned children is an extremely compelling reason to give it a try. Thanks for the informative review!
Patty Allread
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Problems of Work
Currently Reading: Bird by Bird
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patty-allread.html
Latest Review: Hinduism by Dr Hiro G. Badlani

Post by Patty Allread »

The cover is so typical of a run-of-the-mill romance novel! This is not a genre I usually choose either, but I like the charity aspect, and it sounds like it was well-written and entertaining to read.
ojukwu2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ojukwu2.html
Latest Review: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings by Mike L Junior

Post by ojukwu2 »

It's always interesting to come across such wonderful reviews. Adding this book to my bookshelf ASAP for possible reading in the future. Kudos.
Baba Thoust
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-baba-thoust.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven! by Jemima Paul and Arvind Paul

Post by Baba Thoust »

I like Stella's noble cause of sharing her profits with the burned children. Did Jake regain his trust with Sarah? I enjoyed your review. Thanks.
Nmesomachi Ambie
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange trial
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nmesomachi-ambie.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Nmesomachi Ambie »

This book cover is so beautiful and its my kind of book. I enjoyed reading your review and I look forward to reading this book.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”