Review of God Must've Spent a Little More Time on You

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Alexander C Schmoock
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-c-schmoock.html
Latest Review: Survived, evolved against all the odds by Ruth Mantile

Review of God Must've Spent a Little More Time on You

Post by Alexander C Schmoock »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "God Must've Spent a Little More Time on You" by Gio Flores.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

God Must’ve Spent a Little More Time on You is the autobiography of Gio Flores. Gio started out as a regular kid with two parents and two younger brothers. His life, however, quickly took a downturn when his mother left with his youngest brother, leaving Gio with his father and his other brother while Gio was a pre-teen. From that point, things became very difficult for Gio’s single-parent household. His father found it hard to get jobs; they lost their house and spent several nights on empty stomachs. In high school, Gio had little to no confidence and struggled to make friends or even pass classes. Then one day, he met Amanda, and it was like everything else came to a halt. She was so beautiful and even better, she was interested in him that she wanted to marry him. Is this the happily ever after story we think it is, or will Gio discover that God has other plans for him?

This book is quite a rollercoaster ride. It navigates several topics, from romance to religion and life in service. I admired that the author went about telling his story in a down-to-earth manner. It is usually hard to make autobiographies captivating, but the author did an excellent job with this one. The book was well-paced, and Gio’s sense of humour added extra excitement to the story. The author also thrived at dealing with certain sensitive issues in a way that provoked sympathy, was straight to the point, and didn't sound like a sermon.

I didn't find anything to dislike about this book. There are just a few books up there with God Must’ve Spent a Little More Time on You on the list of the best autobiographies I have ever read. Additionally, I found just one error in this book, which is proof of the fact that it was professionally edited.

I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars for the brilliant way serious issues were presented and the humour infused into the story by the author to make it a fun read. Also, all the other points in the second paragraph of this review add up to why I gave it a perfect rating.

I recommend this book to people who feel life has dealt them a bad hand. It will help them realize that God still has a plan for them if they are religious. If they're not, it will serve as an encouragement that things do get better over time. I also recommend it to all lovers of autobiographies. Gio Flores did an exceptional job here, and I encourage readers to pick a copy of this book.

God Must've Spent a Little More Time on You
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Laney K
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laney-k.html
Latest Review: Uncharted Desires by Jillian Sharp
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 44%

Post by Laney K »

I also typically find authbiographies a bit dry, but this seems like one I might enjoy!
Patty Allread
Favorite Book: The Problems of Work
Currently Reading: Bird by Bird
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patty-allread.html
Latest Review: Hinduism by Dr Hiro G. Badlani

Post by Patty Allread »

I really love the title of this book; it's very endearing.
Chinedum Chijioke
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinedum-chijioke.html
Latest Review: Reawakening the magic volume 1 by Claire De Voyant

Post by Chinedum Chijioke »

Seems like it's going to be a sad story. I'm really not a fan of those, but I may check this out. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”