Review of The Greek Ring

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jeremie Mondejar
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Still searching
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 1375
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeremie-mondejar.html
Latest Review: All That I Love by Hina Yu Cao

Review of The Greek Ring

Post by Jeremie Mondejar »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Greek Ring" by Richard Pim.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Sebastian North was enjoying his vacation in the South of France when a girl (Octavia) interrupted his thoughts and was pleading for help from kidnappers. He managed to help and got injured. Later, they parted ways. Suddenly, he received a call from Octavia stating about "life and death," which made his feet land on the Sicilian soil. Fast forward: North's lead to locate Octavia is to unlock the inscription of Octavia's ring, which may also lead to the great treasure of the "Darya-i-Nur" legend located in the castle Zehra. Unfortunately, castle Zehra was guarded, and through his binoculars from a concealed location, he watched as a member of the Cosa Nostra killed a Romanian man through a duel. Who is this Sicilian Mafia that was so furious and burned his enemy to ashes after the duel inside the castle? What fate awaits both Sebastian North and the strange woman on the land of Italy? 

Are you familiar with the Cosa Nostra's trade? What do you know of the Sicilian Mafia? Richard Pim's The Greek Ring is a suspense-filled romantic novel with a fairytale twist set in the 21st century, particularly on the island of Sicily. The novel is rich in diverse cultural background around Italy through previous colonial reigns by Greeks and Spaniards. If you landed in Italy, I guess you already know or have read something about Palermo in Sicily and Cagliari in Sardinia, which are highlighted in this book. Furthermore, the Cosa Nostra's way of life and their influence on well-known people are embedded in this novel, which is oftentimes filled with suspense and thrilling scenes. 

I appreciate the way the author laid out "power and fame," which is relevant anywhere else in the world, especially when dealing with drug dealers and cartels under a political scheme. Richard Pim dramatized well the Mafia's ways in business and in love affairs. I was intrigued and quite shocked when the Mafia took action towards vengeance.

I'm rating this novel 5 out of 5 stars because readers will notice the exhilarating scenes on the beach, in the villa, on the boat, and in the hotel when the "Englishman" takes his labyrinthine journey of helping the Contessa. I got excited every time the author made a new way of finding the "damsel in distress" with a promise of treasure as if I was lucky enough to have it. Plus, the Italian culture, like their cuisine, dance, and music, is well-detailed and in harmony with the colonial power of long ago. 

Let's take a look at the style of writing. Richard Pim excellently crafted a beautiful plot without any hint of the next scene, like those scenes in the fencing, in the monastery, and in the fiesta. However, I least like some scenes with an abrupt ending. The character buildup is good, particularly in the realistic twist of the heart's agenda. Lastly, this fast-paced novel is free from errors, making it exceptionally well-edited because the editing is flawless. I recommend this beautiful novel to those who enjoy reading romantic tales with an action-filled adventure as well as rich historical backgrounds of the Greek and Spanish lifestyles. Those who enjoy stories with a mafia theme will find this book interesting and entertaining.

The Greek Ring
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Jeremie
Official Reviewer Representative

"Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world."
Aswin3848
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aswin3848.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Aswin3848 »

Romance and action-filled adventure are a really good combination. As mentioned in your review, the novel is fast paced which increases my curiosity. This could definitely be my next read.
Francis Kapola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-kapola.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Francis Kapola »

Aswin3848 wrote: 14 May 2023, 07:01 Romance and action-filled adventure are a really good combination.
With romance and action, a reader will always be on the edge of their seat.
Francis Kapola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-kapola.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Francis Kapola »

Spanish lifestyles are always filled with romance, and I absolutely love that. Thank you for the informative review.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”