Review of I Said, "I Am A Nun"

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jerry Spencer
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerry-spencer.html
Latest Review: I Said, "I Am A Nun" by June A Ramsay

Review of I Said, "I Am A Nun"

Post by Jerry Spencer »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "I Said, "I Am A Nun"" by June A Ramsay.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Julia and Rose have been best friends since childhood, and they shared a dream until Rose lost her focus. I Said, "I Am A Nun": Choosing excellence in the face of adversity is a romantic confession about Rose after she left the convent because she was pregnant. Julia and Rose had been dreaming of being nuns since they were seven. They'd imagine helping others and serving the Lord with their body and soul. They were both happy when they got to join the convent, but after some time, things began happening to Rose until she could no longer become a nun.

Rose was just 15 years old when she got pregnant. She felt sad and rejected. People used her as a bad example. She had to stay indoors in her parent's house. To make things worse, she had a painful, uncomfortable, and immature birth. In this book, Julia, who is still a nun, tells this story. She tells this story to Vanessa, an elegant woman in her fifties whom she newly meets. She feels she can trust this woman to lift the burden she has been carrying. Who is Venessa? How does Rose's and Julia's story continue?

I Said, "I Am A Nun": Choosing excellence in the face of adversity is written in 5 parts, which consist of 26 chapters and about 170 pages. The author of this book is June A. Ramsay. She put a lot of work into perfecting the story. A reader will have mixed feelings about this story, the beginning is sad because Rose feels she's lost everything, but as we read on, there's joy. We'd have to understand that Rose went through a lot of weakness and pain. Along the way, we uncover the truth of her pregnancy and learn of a new character, Zan, who truly makes her happy. According to her, their souls connect. Sadly, her great joy does not come without complications.

Retrospectively, we can't blame the characters for some of their actions. They were only acting in the continuum of the mistakes they had made. This book contains an adulterous romance. Focusing on accuracy, I Said, "I Am A Nun": Choosing excellence in the face of adversity is professionally edited. There were a few grammatical errors. Happily, the errors do not disturb the flow of the story.

I rate this book five out of five stars. I learned two primary things from this book. Firstly, we must focus on our goals unless we may end up incomplete. Secondly, we should learn to put ourselves first so we do not damage others. I recommend this book to emotionally-drained individuals, nuns, and lovers of tragedies.

I Said, "I Am A Nun"
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Laney K
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laney-k.html
Latest Review: Uncharted Desires by Jillian Sharp
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 44%

Post by Laney K »

This sounds like an insightful book with a protagonist that I'd want to learn more about!
holywriter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-holywriter.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by holywriter »

Your detailed summary of the book's plot and themes shows that you really paid attention to the story and understood its deeper meanings.
I appreciate how you highlighted the relationship between Julia and Rose, and how their dreams of becoming nuns were shattered by Rose's pregnancy. It's a compelling premise for a story. Thanks
Baba Thoust
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-baba-thoust.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven! by Jemima Paul and Arvind Paul

Post by Baba Thoust »

Rose found joy despite going through all the adversity you mentioned. She must be a woman of character. Wonderfull summary.
Natalie Williams 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Natalie Williams 1 »

I really looking forward to reading this book

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”