Review of Mustang Man and Me

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Laney K
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laney-k.html
Latest Review: One If by Carol B Allen
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 44%

Review of Mustang Man and Me

Post by Laney K »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Mustang Man and Me" by SV Brown.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Maria Jean, the wife of the wealthy Bernard Von Meeren, is a woman who wants her marriage to work. She and Benard married despite his family's surprise, given the number of rich women vying for his attention. She loves horses, and her family is involved with raising and racing them. Bernard is seen as a bit of a playboy and is extremely jealous of any man that he perceives to be approaching Maria. Given his fame, there are always people taking pictures of them and women trying to get with Bernard. A series of alarming events begin to worry Maria as more and more dangerous situations seem to follow the pair of them. Will they and their marriage survive? Grab a copy of Mustang Man and Me by SV Brown and find out!

My favorite part of this book was the character of Maria. She is a strong woman who had to deal with a jealous husband. She also had to deal with pictures of him alongside women from his car races. Maria was not afraid to call him out for his hypocritical attitude, and I admire this about her. I found her strength and desire to keep her relationship alive to be inspiring.

My main issue with this book was the changes in the narrator. The book would, at times, switch to the point of view of the horses. I found that the transitions were not well-marked, and I would become confused about who was narrating. I also thought this choice was odd, as the horses' commentary did not add much to the plot. The book, being over 400 pages, was long enough, and these moments, in my opinion, slowed down the overall narrative without adding anything.

Overall, I rate this book 3 out of 5 stars. I had a hard time getting into this book. To me, the main plot issues started about 100 pages into the book, and the scenes with the horses added an unnecessary level of detail. I am taking off two stars for these pacing issues. I thought the characters were interesting, and once I got through the exposition, I enjoyed the book.

There is strong language and some sexual content; this book is only suitable for adults. However, if you are looking for a book that includes romance, action, and horses, this is the book for you. This book is best suited for those who want a slower-paced book that takes the time to show multiple perspectives.

Mustang Man and Me
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
manjot kaur 13
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by manjot kaur 13 »

[*]very good book ,
Francisco Cardona
Currently Reading:

Post by Francisco Cardona »

Que Bernard era un hombre estrenada mente celoso y mara le tocó soportar muchas luchas por mantener bien su relación por su difícil cituacion
Francisco Cardona
Currently Reading:

Post by Francisco Cardona »

That Bernard was an extremely jealous man and Maria had to endure many struggles to maintain their relationship well due to their difficult situation
Fouad Alashriy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Fouad Alashriy »

A good book for the development of social culture, especially in the dealings of women in the marital relationship and the events and problems that are going on
YAMUNAH DEVI

Post by YAMUNAH DEVI »

:lol:
Chris Agbara
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-agbara.html
Latest Review: Almost Everything You Wanted To Know About Tickling by Duncan Taub

Post by Chris Agbara »

Your review provides a balanced perspective and valuable information to help readers decide if this book is right for them, particularly, the way you gave detailed analysis of the characters, especially Maria.
The difference between taking and giving, and taking and not giving is the difference between life and death.
Baba Thoust
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-baba-thoust.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven! by Jemima Paul and Arvind Paul

Post by Baba Thoust »

The horses perspective added alitle bit of doubt in my opinion of the book. Till then I was interested. But your description of Maria makes the book considerable. Great review.
Ukaegbu Confidence
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Jaide Harley
Favorite Book: The Elder series
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ukaegbu-confidence.html
Latest Review: The Virulence by James C. Hendee
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 5%

Post by Ukaegbu Confidence »

It's always the women putting active efforts to ensure the marriage waxes strong. That's why when they give up on said marriage, they never go back because they gave their all.
reviewerbook17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reviewerbook17.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by reviewerbook17 »

This is a beautiful review and I believe the book contains a lot of components about life.
zainherb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainherb.html
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel

Post by zainherb »

The book sounds interesting minus the pacing issues.
Thanks for the amazing review.
:techie-reference:
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

No romance for me. I am not especially fond of horses, either, or books with a slow beginning. I guess this is probably not for me.
Fabbie Woods
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fabbie-woods.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Fabbie Woods »

I appreciate your honest review and agree that the transitions between narrators could have been better executed. I found it quite refreshing that the book explored different perspectives, including that of the horses. I can see how this might not appeal to everyone.
Words seduce and pages ignite passion. Let's get lost in the tantalizing world of literature together.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”