Review of Married by Lunchtime

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Alexander C Schmoock
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-c-schmoock.html
Latest Review: Survived, evolved against all the odds by Ruth Mantile

Review of Married by Lunchtime

Post by Alexander C Schmoock »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Married by Lunchtime" by Peter Gatenby.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

In Married by Lunchtime by Peter Gatenby, Amanda and her uncle, Alfred, decided to hold a party, but Alfred had concerns about a certain burglar with the cheek to go around parties and steal jewelry. As much as he was concerned, Amanda found the thief intriguing, so she insisted on the party. While they had the discussion, Harman came to inform Amanda that she had a guest who turned out to be Julian Radiant. The moment she saw him, she knew he was the burglar, but she was so captivated by him. A police detective came to the house but couldn’t arrest Julian because Amanda intervened to prevent the arrest, coupled with the fact that there was no solid proof against him. Amanda took him on a horse ride to the church where the vicar had mistaken them for people in love, so he read the banns for them. In a conversation that ensued after they left the church, Amanda told Julian to steal something asides from her pearls at the party before midnight and get it to her, and she will give herself to him. If not, she will shout for help, and the police will arrest him. Julian succeeded in stealing an item, but things shockingly went left, and he was faced with a false accusation of theft by Amanda.

I love romance fiction, so when I picked this book, I knew I would have a great time reading it, and I wasn't disappointed. One of my favorite parts of the story was the plot twist towards the end. I would have loved to go into details, but I can't do that without giving out spoilers. It was nice to see certain characters in a new light by the end of the story. I liked the author’s consistency with Julian’s character development; it all made sense when the book ended the way it did. Being a law enthusiast, I enjoyed every bit of the court proceedings following Julian’s accusation of theft and arrest. Finally, I liked that there were no grammatical errors in the book, which showed that it was exceptionally well edited.

The one thing I didn’t appreciate about Married by Lunchtime was that the storyline became cliché at some point. For a romance novel, I believe the author could have put in extra effort to make the book stand out from every other romance story. He tried to do that with the plot twist at some point in the story, but that wasn’t enough. Many parts of it still felt the same as the other romance stories I've read in the past. More factors that could have heightened the story's uniqueness should have been introduced.

I rate this book 4 out of 5 stars. I totally enjoyed Amanda and Julian’s love story. The author did an excellent job of delivering romance in an unlikely setting. I removed a star because of the negative point.

I recommend this book to lovers of romance stories. They will enjoy Amanda and Julian’s love story. I will also recommend it to students interested in law because they'll enjoy the chapters dedicated to court proceedings.

Married by Lunchtime
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Chris Agbara
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-agbara.html
Latest Review: Philosophy from the Mud by Erik Quisling

Post by Chris Agbara »

The book is indeed intruding! On your recommendation, I will add it to my reading list.
The difference between taking and giving, and taking and not giving is the difference between life and death.
addi_joness09
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by addi_joness09 »

This seems like a good romantic book.
Peter Nene
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peter-nene.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Peter Nene »

I loved the chemistry between the two main characters in this book. The author has created a fun and flirty romance that is sure to appeal to anyone who loves a good love story. The writing is witty, the characters are likable, and the story is a sweet and satisfying romance
Sandra V Chilimtsidya
Favorite Book: Fifty Shades of Grey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandra-v-chilimtsidya.html
Latest Review: Past Imperfect by G D Harrison
2024 Reading Goal: 11
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Sandra V Chilimtsidya »

Anything that screams romance captures my attention. Looking forward to reading this love story. Great review!

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”