Review of The Will of the Winemaker

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: Truth and Evil
Bookshelf Size: 744
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: All You'll Never Be (Kindle Edition) by E. L. Neve

Review of The Will of the Winemaker

Post by Bertha Jackson »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Will of the Winemaker" by Kelly Strickland Morrow.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Vincent wanted to train his grandson, Marco, to take over the family wine business because his son, Lorenzo, had a heart ailment that made him too weak to take it over. He takes Marco to the vacant old homestead house and shows him the tunnels under it that are accessed through a door behind an old bookcase. The secret tunnels were where Vincent's grandfather, Alfonso, hid wine during the Prohibition era. Marco falls against a wall, and his arm gets stuck in a hole. They see Alfonso's journal and several crates of old wine inside the hole. Vincent reads the journal about his grandfather's life from when he left Italy and came to California to build a winery. However, at the journal's end, it becomes evident that the remaining pages have been torn out. Will Vincent find out why the pages were torn out? Read The Will of the Winemaker by Kelly Strickland Morrow to learn about Alfonso's life and why the pages were removed from the journal.

This romantic tale pulls on the heartstrings with love, anger, betrayal, faithfulness, sorrow, and worry rolled up into one piece of work. Each character is fully developed with unique personalities that make them appear realistic. The demographics of being on a ship, in the vineyards, or surviving a dangerous storm are vividly described, as are many others, in this fast-paced book. I could relate to Alfonso and his wife, Amelia's, pride and joy in their children and their frustrations with Stefano. Amelia was my favorite character with her mild manners and understanding that children have to find their own paths in life, which may not be their parents' chosen path. Readers will learn many other life lessons about friendship, work ethics, and parenting in this book.

Besides the lack of professional editing, I encountered no other negative aspects in this book. The winemaking information, the history of the Prohibition period, and the historical information about the construction of the Golden Gate Bridge were fascinating. I remember my parents talking about the speakeasies and thugs that were common back then.

The lack of professional editing did not distract from my reading pleasure, and I encountered no other reason to deduct any stars from the rating. Therefore, I deducted one star for the number of mistakes and rated this book 4 out of 5 stars.

If you are interested in romance books or books about the Prohibition era and winemakers, this is the book I recommend to you. If religious content offends you, you may want to avoid this book because the characters are Catholics who believe in God, attend church, and pray.

The Will of the Winemaker
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
Laney K
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laney-k.html
Latest Review: Lost in Plan Sight by Karen Magee

Post by Laney K »

I do enjoy a romance and the historical aspects of the Prohibition area seem like a nice background. Thanks for the insightful review!
Fateme Ataei
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fateme-ataei.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven! by Jemima Paul and Arvind Paul

Post by Fateme Ataei »

I became very interested in the story because it deals with finding the purpose of life, along with other concerns in life. I hope that it will be improved with professional editing.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”