Review of Camera Erotica

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Emily Meadows
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emily-meadows.html
Latest Review: Forever Young by Karma Wiederrick

Review of Camera Erotica

Post by Emily Meadows »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Camera Erotica" by Juan Eduardo De Casa.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Camera Erotica by Juan Eduardo De Casa is a beautifully written book that tells the story of two people who meet in San Francisco. The book is erotic, yes, but it is also a well-written story about the human experience. The protagonist in the book is Jack. Jack is an artist who works as a darkroom technician. He meets Samantha when she submits a roll of film that contains erotic photos to be developed. Jack finds himself aroused by the pictures and curious about the woman who took them. When Samantha comes into the shop to pick up her photos, she and Jack strike up a conversation.

Jack and Samantha are very different. He hasn’t been sexually active in years, while Samantha is actively exploring and reclaiming her sexuality. Jack finds Samantha beautiful and alluring, and yet he finds himself judging her sexual activity. Samantha invites Jack to explore his sexuality through her. They start with a visit to a nudist beach and an art gallery that shows Samantha’s work, and then they get into a rhythm of exploring the city together. Samantha helps Jack find his sexuality again.

What makes Camera Erotica unique is De Casa's approach to writing this book. Many books of erotica have sexy scenes with little-to-no plot. In this book, the author weaves the erotic scenes into a love story between two humans who have experienced trauma and heartbreak. De Casa captures moments between Jack and Samantha in a way that is both intimate and artistic. He develops both characters in a way that allows us to understand their motivations.

I enjoyed reading this book and rate it 5 out of 5 stars. De Casa’s writing is lush and descriptive. The characters are well developed. And the scenarios that Jack and Samantha experience are very erotic and sexy. These are all significant strengths of the book. There were no negatives that I noted about the book that would make me deduct stars. Not only was the story erotic, but it was also poignant until the very end of the book.

I would recommend this book to people who enjoy reading erotica novels with a good plot. I would also recommend this book to photographers and artists who have trained in visual art; both Jack and Samantha are visual artists who are talented in their craft.

Camera Erotica
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Lujely Snr
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lujely-snr.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Lujely Snr »

Rarely do you find an erotic book with such an elaborate plot. Great review.
Aswin3848
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aswin3848.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Aswin3848 »

The review is on point from the first line. I love the description of the storyline. Although, I am not a fan of erotic novels, I loved the review.
Anil Baade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anil-baade.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin PhD

Post by Anil Baade »

You've explained very well about the book and you have mentioned the content of the book very nicely. I'll definitely start reading this book.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”