Review of Funkanometry Goes to UCLA, Freshman Year Book 1

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sam Ibeh
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-ibeh.html
Latest Review: The vampires: Sodom and Gomorrah by Levănt DuPrae

Review of Funkanometry Goes to UCLA, Freshman Year Book 1

Post by Sam Ibeh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Funkanometry Goes to UCLA, Freshman Year Book 1" by Diana L White.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

FUNKANOMETRY Goes to UCLA Freshmen Yearbook 1 by Diana White is a romance story of two Canadian-born TicTok, World of Dance, and America's Got Talent competitors, Carlow Rush and Jacksun Fryer. Carlow and Jacksun are handsome, thoughtful, and considerate dance lovers and students of UCLA. The story covers their journey throughout their first year at UCLA and their romantic relationships with Dani and Noel, two exceptional UCLA students and dance lovers. Together they try to overcome several challenges and recover from past terrors. How possible will that be?

The author highlighted crucial pointers to educate readers ahead of time and gave a content warning on the nature of the book. Some of these pointers included the excessive sexual content in the book. The author also clearly pointed out the separation of fiction from facts. These pointers would help readers understand and better prepare themselves for what to expect from the book.

The author's use of images was commendable. For instance, the image of Carlow and Jacksun's studio's rough draft gave me a better mental picture of the redesign done by Carlow and Jacksun. It also helped me better follow the movement of characters from one part of the studio to another.

The author went into an in-depth description of the story's elements. For instance, the materials used in the studio's kitchen redesign, the different food characters ate, the music available, and the series of sexual intercourse among characters were explicitly described. The descriptions were broken down so readers were not left guessing or speculating about events.

The author highlights the challenges of physiological abuse, child harassment, rape, and sexual harassment that trouble our society. For instance, Brian Healy's rape and mental torture of his daughter, Kim Adams' sexual advances at Carlow and Jacksun, and Kim's eventual fate give readers a look at how this challenge affects society.

The only issue I had while reading was with the editing. I specifically did not appreciate the variation in a particular character's name. In many instances, the author used "Jacksun," and in many other instances, she used "Jackson." I expected an editor to notice the disparity and fix it. It was a struggle knowing which name was the correct one. I had to settle with the name that was first mentioned in the book, "Jacksun." For this reason, I would deduct a star and rate the book 4 out of 5 stars.

Regardless of the abovementioned issue, FUNKANOMETRY Goes to UCLA Freshmen Yearbook 1 is an exciting romance story that keeps readers entertained. I recommend it to college/university romance lovers who won't mind the abundance of sexual content.

Funkanometry Goes to UCLA, Freshman Year Book 1
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”