Review of Wheel Of Love and Secrets

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nisha DSouza
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-dsouza.html
Latest Review: Isazisi:The Book by Bongani Yona

Review of Wheel Of Love and Secrets

Post by Nisha DSouza »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Wheel Of Love and Secrets" by Francine Mason.]
Book Cover
1 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Francine Mason's Wheel of Love and Secrets: Book 2 is a romantic novel about two people who work at a hospital. Dr. Rishi Rachan and Suzie, a nurse, have been secretly having an affair. Suzie's close friend, Marie, is also unaware of their relationship. It is a 22-page short story that shares the nature of some work-related friendships and flings. The book was so small that it was like an episode, and I finished reading it in less than 30 minutes.

In the private description of the book, the author states that the book emphasizes some issues single women face at work. While Suzie did not appear to be facing a problem, I agree that it is a widespread issue for single working women. I spent a lot of time contemplating what was good about this book, and sadly, the only thing I could come up with was that it was a short and quick read.

As you must have already guessed, there is a long list of criticisms about the book. To begin with, I believe the characters require far more development. There were little to no background stories, which made it difficult to relate to them. The storyline did not have a strong foundation or any structure, for that matter. To better appreciate Suzie's circumstances, I would have liked to know why she made certain decisions. Mason must devote significant attention to these two factors if she seeks to increase the book's overall quality.

With a novel as short as this, you would expect no errors. You would be disappointed to assume that theory. Although there were fewer than ten errors, I consider this a drawback for such a short work. With an honest assessment, I rate this book 1 out of 5 stars since I believe it needs a major makeover. Poor character development, a weak storyline, inaccuracies, and the absence of an appealing purpose all cost the author a star.

According to the Amazon product description page, the recommended reading age for this book is 12 to 15 years. I found it highly unsuitable for this age group, as it has some extremely explicit content in the opening scene and a subsequent chapter. For instance, the scene between Dr. Rachan and Suzie in the first chapter had vivid descriptions that many would consider wildly inappropriate, even for young adults. If the author examines the above suggestions and executes them, then it may become suitable for mature romance readers.

Wheel Of Love and Secrets
View: on Bookshelves
Nisha
Official Reviewer Representative

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein
Paul Link
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul-link.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by Paul Link »

Thank you for sharing an honest and insightful review of Francine Mason's Wheel of Love and Secrets: Book 2. I appreciate your detailed analysis of the book, which has left me with a clear understanding of its strengths and weaknesses. Although the book's length might make it a quick read, your review highlights that its storyline and character development require more extensive attention.

I am keen to learn how Suzie's circumstances unfold and the other issues that single women face in the workplace, although it seems that these themes require more attention to resonate with readers. I agree that having more context about Suzie's decisions would have enhanced our appreciation of the character.

I also appreciate the review's warning about the explicit content in the book's opening scene, highlighting that it may not be suitable for its recommended reading age. Your thorough analysis of the book's shortcomings concludes with constructive criticism of how the author could improve the book's overall quality.
Nisha DSouza

Post by Nisha DSouza »

Adiskidan wrote: 10 May 2023, 12:18 Thank you for sharing an honest and insightful review of Francine Mason's Wheel of Love and Secrets: Book 2. I appreciate your detailed analysis of the book, which has left me with a clear understanding of its strengths and weaknesses. Although the book's length might make it a quick read, your review highlights that its storyline and character development require more extensive attention.

I am keen to learn how Suzie's circumstances unfold and the other issues that single women face in the workplace, although it seems that these themes require more attention to resonate with readers. I agree that having more context about Suzie's decisions would have enhanced our appreciation of the character.

I also appreciate the review's warning about the explicit content in the book's opening scene, highlighting that it may not be suitable for its recommended reading age. Your thorough analysis of the book's shortcomings concludes with constructive criticism of how the author could improve the book's overall quality.
Thank you so much, Adiskidan, for taking the time to read and share such a thoughtfully written reply. I really appreciate your time, effort, and your kind comments. 😊🙏
Nisha

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein
Omneya Shakeep
Favorite Book: Catching Genesis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 161
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omneya-shakeep.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Omneya Shakeep »

Thanks for this excellent, detailed analysis, Nisha. I would have loved to read this book, especially given its short length. Maybe I will give it a try if the author works on it more.
"Those who feel grateful, and are eternally generous, experience life at its richest."
Rob White.
Nisha DSouza

Post by Nisha DSouza »

Omneya Shakeep wrote: 13 May 2023, 16:32 Thanks for this excellent, detailed analysis, Nisha. I would have loved to read this book, especially given its short length. Maybe I will give it a try if the author works on it more.
Let me know what you think after you have read it. Thank you for your kind comments, Omneya.😊🙏
Nisha

Sara Nóbrega Bartolomeu
Favorite Book: The Midwife of Auschwitz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sara-n-brega-bartolomeu.html
Latest Review: Disappearance by Julien Ayotte

Post by Sara Nóbrega Bartolomeu »

Looks like there's a bit more to be done with this book. I particularly hate reading books when the characters are not relatable. I'll skip this one for now. Thank you for your detailed review
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

I like the length of the book, however, I am off to the drawbacks you mentioned. I'll wait for the next edition of the book to read it. Another compelling and honest review of you, Nisha!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Nisha DSouza

Post by Nisha DSouza »

Sara Nóbrega Bartolomeu wrote: 17 May 2023, 10:50 Looks like there's a bit more to be done with this book. I particularly hate reading books when the characters are not relatable. I'll skip this one for now. Thank you for your detailed review
Thank you for sharing your thoughts, Sara. 😊🙏
Nisha

Nisha DSouza

Post by Nisha DSouza »

Hazel Mae Bagarinao wrote: 17 May 2023, 15:58 I like the length of the book, however, I am off to the drawbacks you mentioned. I'll wait for the next edition of the book to read it. Another compelling and honest review of you, Nisha!
I understand; it's definitely better to wait. Thank you for your kind comments, Hazel. 😊🙏
Nisha

Catalina Isabel
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catalina-isabel.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Catalina Isabel »

I agree with your rating with all the things that could be improved Nisha. I don't think I will be reading this one, as I do not think the book would be relatable or enjoyable for me. I do appreciate your very honest review, as usual 😊
Nisha DSouza

Post by Nisha DSouza »

Catalina Isabel wrote: 19 May 2023, 04:32 I agree with your rating with all the things that could be improved Nisha. I don't think I will be reading this one, as I do not think the book would be relatable or enjoyable for me. I do appreciate your very honest review, as usual 😊
I understand. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. 😊🙏
Nisha

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”