Review of Tent City Convoy

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Review of Tent City Convoy

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Tent City Convoy" by J. Stewart Willis.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Bernard family has no reason to stay in Williamsburg after Woody, Margrethe's husband, tragically drowned and died. That dreadful incident depressed Marg and made her family's life unknown. 41-year-old Marg and her two children, 15-year-old Susan and 9-year-old Quentin, had no choice but to move to the Tent City before the threat of the rising sea permitted. The year is 2086, and global warming is one of the world's problems. Hurricanes and floods are natural occurrences. The tent city where they moved is home to poor migrants and is also prone to flooding. Hence, the people living there, including the Bernard family, were constantly moving from place to place when nature forced them. But not only did the disaster complicate Marg's situation, but her horrible past also haunted her. Follow Marg and her family in the book Tent City Convoy by J. Stewart Willis.

I love how the author develops the storyline, from the tiny aspects to the blistering moments in the book. I like that the author fluidly navigates the time jump in the narrative. I love that every chapter holds my excitement, and every additional character is trouble-free to follow. Truly, the author succeeded in connecting with his readers. The characters were full of emotions, especially Marg. Throughout the book, I feel her worry about her children, her hatred towards Laddie Simpson, her sufferings at the campsite, and most importantly, her love for Lyle Dulaney. I enjoyed the suspense brought about by Laddie's character. It keeps my focus on the book; I don't want some noise to disturb my flow of reading. The author proves that he narrates the gripping story perfectly and effectively. No disappointment permits my reading journey; instead, the book's ending is full of hope with the inspiring love of Marg and Lyle.

Moreover, I was pleased by the author's magnificent writing style and how he beautifully develops the characters. It was touching to know how Marg's past, full of turmoil and distress, was replaced with hope and love. My favorite part was when Lyle proved his love to Marg by following the convoy despite the raging hurricane. Another thing that I admire is when Susan and Quentin don't allow their hatred to overpower their love for their mother.

Though the narrative was severely littered with profanities, I found them fitting for the narrative's timeline, 2086. Additionally, the book has dark themes such as rape, discrimination, and humiliation. Though it was not good, these themes make the overall book engrossing to read. Gladly, the bright themes, such as love and hope, are more impactful than the negative ones.

To sum up, all together, the book receives 5 out of 5 stars from me because there's nothing to dislike about it. The only thing I want to address is fixing the five errors I detected in the book. These minor mistakes are proof that the book has been professionally edited. Since I was entertained by this book, I wanted to check out other published novels by the author.

This excellent book is highly recommended to hope seekers. It is an inspirational read for them. It is also relatable to someone who wants to escape from destitution and dream of a better life. If you dislike the plethora of profanities and the aforementioned dark themes, you might skip this book.

Tent City Convoy
View: on Bookshelves
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Omneya Shakeep
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Catching Genesis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 161
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omneya-shakeep.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Omneya Shakeep »

The storyline looks very original and meaningful. The author managed to blend drama, romance, adventure, tragedy, and fantasy all in one book perfectly. I can tell from your review that you enjoyed reading this book a lot; it shows through your writing. You analysed this novel perfectly, Hazel. And the book summary you wrote is making me eager to read it. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ŒThis is an amazing review!
"Those who feel grateful, and are eternally generous, experience life at its richest."
Rob White.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:

Omneya Shakeep wrote: โ†‘17 May 2023, 19:26 The storyline looks very original and meaningful. The author managed to blend drama, romance, adventure, tragedy, and fantasy all in one book perfectly. I can tell from your review that you enjoyed reading this book a lot; it shows through your writing. You analyzed this novel perfectly, Hazel. And the book summary you wrote is making me eager to read it. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ŒThis is an amazing review!
Thank you so much, Omneya, for being so supportive. You guess it right, I enjoyed this book a lot. I'm excited when you read this book too and hear your thoughts about it. Let me know. :tiphat:
Nisha DSouza
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-dsouza.html
Latest Review: Isazisi:The Book by Bongani Yona

Post by Nisha DSouza »

I absolutely loved your review, Hazel, and I am eagerly waiting to read this book now. The review perfectly summarized the story and I feel the plot is something I will surely enjoy. Awesome review!
Nisha
Official Reviewer Representative

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein
Sarah Zain
Favorite Book: Wutheing heights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-zain.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Sarah Zain »

The story seems to be full of different feelings. I feel it is very overwhelming actually. Your review is interesting as always Hazel ๐Ÿ‘
Life is hard on its own so let's make it easier for each other if we could.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:

Nisha DSouza wrote: โ†‘18 May 2023, 06:16 I absolutely loved your review, Hazel, and I am eagerly waiting to read this book now. The review perfectly summarized the story and I feel the plot is something I will surely enjoy. Awesome review!
Thank you so much, Nisha, for always being so supportive. Thank you so much for your uplifting compliment. I appreciate YOU!
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:

Sarah Zain wrote: โ†‘18 May 2023, 17:02 The story seems to be full of different feelings. I feel it is very overwhelming actually. Your review is interesting as always Hazel ๐Ÿ‘
Aww, thank you so much, Sarah Zain. Indeed, the story is full of emotions that will drag readers to hold tight till the end :) :D
Kavita Shah
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

โœจAwesome review Hannie! I think tent as a temporary staying shelter sort in a camp trip or in the palaces without buildings. That's an apt title with the situation in the story. 2086, future sure looks bleak. I hope to read this book, your review makes me find it intriguing. Good job!
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:

Kavita Shah wrote: โ†‘19 May 2023, 11:49 โœจAwesome review Hannie! I think a tent is a temporary staying shelter sort in a camp trip or palace without buildings. That's an apt title with the situation in the story. 2086, the future sure looks bleak. I hope to read this book, your review makes me find it intriguing. Good job!
Thank you, Kavita! Sadly, It has a depressing futuristic view from the author of mother nature. I hope you get the chance to read it soon, and I'm able to read your thoughts about it too.
Shally Z
Currently Reading: The Happiness Project
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shally-z.html
Latest Review: Things that bite in the Night by Deborah Tant
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Shally Z »

Wow, this sounds like a grim future for humanity but I liked how you said it's still a story of hope and aspiring for a better future. Thanks for the great review Hazel!
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:

Shally Z wrote: โ†‘20 May 2023, 04:36 Wow, this sounds like a grim future for humanity but I liked how you said it's still a story of hope and aspiring for a better future. Thanks for the great review, Hazel!
Yes exactly! Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a beautiful comment, Shally!
Ama Ra Chi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ama-ra-chi.html
Latest Review: Mama I Owe You Nothing by Simmer Breeze

Post by Ama Ra Chi »

A wonderful review ๐Ÿ‘. With the continuous increase in global warming, I don't know how possible it would be for humans to survive in 2086.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:

Jรช Wรซ wrote: โ†‘21 May 2023, 13:17 A wonderful review ๐Ÿ‘. With the continuous increase in global warming, I don't know how possible it would be for humans to survive in 2086.
It's quite scary. I hope that humans will protect Mother Earth from now on. Thank you for your thoughtful comment, Je We!
Navera A
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-navera-a.html
Latest Review: Women of Fire and Snow by Nati del Paso

Post by Navera A »

This looks like a difficult read, but very impactful nonetheless. Thank you for the great review, I'll be sure to check this book out.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:

Navera A wrote: โ†‘21 May 2023, 19:04 This looks like a difficult read, but very impactful nonetheless. Thank you for the great review, I'll be sure to check this book out.
It has a coherent writing style, so you wouldn't come across problems while reading it. But, if you are not into the dark themes of the book, you might skip this piece. Thanks for your interesting comment, Navera!

Return to โ€œRomance and Erotic Booksโ€