Review of Sinful Duty

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Shanesha Sammerson
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 229
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shanesha-sammerson.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Review of Sinful Duty

Post by Shanesha Sammerson »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Sinful Duty" by Philip B Pallette.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Sinful Duty by Philip B Pallette delves into the complex world of a pastor, Grant, who finds himself entangled in a murder investigation and subsequently forced to confront the consequences of his own sinful actions. With a suspenseful plot and well-developed characters, this novel explores themes of guilt, forgiveness, and the challenging journey towards redemption.

The story begins with the shocking murder of Karen, the wife of Grant's close friend, Lucas, in Grant's office. As the truth about his affair with Karen emerges, Grant's world is turned upside down. The narrative deftly weaves together Grant's struggle with his guilt and the relentless pursuit of justice by Detective Kincaid, who also had a past relationship with Karen. Grant's decision to leave the church and embark on a journey of self-discovery adds a compelling layer to the storyline.

One notable aspect of Sinful Duty is the author's ability to create flawed and multi-dimensional characters. Grant is portrayed as a conflicted protagonist who must confront the consequences of his actions and wrestle with his faith. The emotional depth of the characters is further enhanced by their nuanced relationships and the complex web of secrets and lies that surround them.

While the inclusion of homosexual relationships within the church might be a sensitive topic for some readers, it is commendable that the author addresses it with honesty and authenticity. Pallette's portrayal of these relationships reflects the reality of contemporary society and explores the complexities of sexuality and faith. However, it is important to note that readers with personal sensitivities may find this aspect challenging. The book is well-edited, with only a few minor errors that do not detract from the overall quality of the writing. The author has clearly done his research, and the details of the murder investigation and the workings of the church feel authentic and well-realized.

In conclusion, Sinful Duty by Philip B Pallette is a captivating exploration of the human condition, packed with intrigue, remorse, and the quest for redemption. While the inclusion of homosexual relationships within the church may be a divisive topic, it is one that the author handles with sensitivity. Despite a few editing errors, the book's strong narrative and well-drawn characters make it deserving of a solid 5 out of 5 stars. Readers who enjoy thought-provoking stories that delve into the complexities of human relationships will find Sinful Duty a worthwhile and engaging read.

Sinful Duty
View: on Bookshelves
Francis Kapola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-kapola.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Francis Kapola »

The topic of homosexuality is sensitive not only to readers but also to most religions. But still, reading a book where sexuality and faith are themes should not be taken for granted. It is good to have a look so as to note the different views on such topics.
Roy Nick
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roy-nick.html
Latest Review: East of Troost by Ellen Barker

Post by Roy Nick »

I enjoyed the diversity of the plot. An infidel pastor, LGBTQ relationships within the church, and a detective with a conflict of interest with the deceased. Couldn't get any better.
Christina Gizzi
Currently Reading: The Red Pyramid
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christina-gizzi.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Christina Gizzi »

Initially, I was interested in the title of this book. Your review has peaked my interest and persuaded me to add it to my bookshelf. You are a wonderful writer and very concise with what you are saying. I will be looking at your other reviews for good books.
AbigailRay
Currently Reading: Let The Children Come
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abigailray.html
Latest Review: Relieved by Cheryl Richardson

Post by AbigailRay »

From my experience, this book is going to be a good read. I would love to give it a try. Nice review.
Ohmy Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohmy-book.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust

Post by Ohmy Book »

I really want to read such books! Thank you for this excellent review! 👏
Donaking
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Donaking »

The review of "Sinful Duty" by Philip B Pallette suggests that the book is a captivating and thought-provoking read. The well-developed characters, suspenseful plot, and exploration of themes like guilt and redemption make it a compelling novel. While the inclusion of sensitive topics like homosexual relationships within the church might divide readers, the author handles it with honesty and authenticity. With minor editing errors aside, this well-researched and authentic book receives a solid 5 out of 5 stars.
Christabel nmeso
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-nmeso.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Christabel nmeso »

Your review of "Sinful Duty" is really insightful! It's clear you have a knack for dissecting complex characters and themes. The way you describe Grant's internal struggles and the book's approach to delicate topics is very thorough.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”