Review of The Lady in the Cafe

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ejimma Chika Promise
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ejimma-chika-promise.html
Latest Review: Happiness to the 10th Power by T. Calvin Ward

Review of The Lady in the Cafe

Post by Ejimma Chika Promise »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Lady in the Cafe" by Anu Jacob.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

I have heard a lot of people say that love never dies, but I find it very hard to believe. Matteo is a practicing doctor who is married to Catherine. They both have three children and have been married for ten years. Though they still live together at River Falls, their marriage does not seem as interesting as it did when they got married. Meanwhile, Matteo met Anastasia in a café, where he stayed during his lunch break. He is attracted by her beauty and her passion for reading, just as Matteo likes to do. What seemed like a first meeting led to a subsequent meeting.

Also, the works of Tolstoy and Giuseppe Fortunino Francesco Verdi were thoroughly analyzed by the author, including the biographies of both of them. Will Catherine find out about the love affair going on between Matteo and Anastasia? Will this love between them last forever? Find out the answers to these questions and more when you read The Lady in the Café by Anu Jacob.

I learned a lot while reading this book. I was able to gain insight into the importance of communication in any marriage. It is okay when there is disagreement or conflict, but it is left for both parties to come together and talk things through. The author was able to show the beauty of love through the chemistry between Matteo and Anastasia. It is also a way of passing along a message about the disadvantages of domestic violence. Funnily enough, some women go through domestic violence in their homes, which is now accepted as the norm. Indeed, violence should be shunned and never tolerated.

I like the author's descriptive abilities for various characters in the book, giving enough details about the characters for optimum understanding. This book is indeed knowledge-packed, as I was able to learn about the works of Verdi, Tolstoy, etc. This is a form of publicity. I had never heard their names before, but this book made me know who they are and allowed me to know more about them and their works.

I could not find any negative aspects of the book. Also, I only found a few errors, which signifies that it was professionally edited. Therefore, it deserves a rating of five out of five stars. The perfect rating is a result of the positive aspects mentioned above. I will recommend this book to anyone who is married and to anyone who is a fan of Verdi because they will learn a lot.

The Lady in the Cafe
View: on Bookshelves
Laney K
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laney-k.html
Latest Review: Lost in Plan Sight by Karen Magee

Post by Laney K »

This seems like an interesting book that informs on Verdi. Thanks for the informative review!
Aswin3848
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aswin3848.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Aswin3848 »

I would love to read a good love story where emotions take the center-stage. I hope the book will be able to satisfy this. I loved the review and analysis of the book.
ikechukwuamarachi+55
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ikechukwuamarachi-55.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by ikechukwuamarachi+55 »

If Anastasia caught his attention for real, what happens to his wife whom he is married to for years? Interesting review!
Peter Emma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peter-emma.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Peter Emma »

Getting married to our spouse doesn't guarantee the fact that the love which was started will remain that way. But we need to always do some things to keep on igniting this love. I hope that Catherine won't find out about her husband's affair with Anesthesia.
Ikechukwu Blessing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ikechukwu-blessing.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by Ikechukwu Blessing »

The degree and duration of love is dependent on the parties involved. I feel for Catherine as I wonder what will be the outcome if she finds out.
Jeremiah Ekene
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jeremiah Ekene »

Faults are thick when Love is thin. Thanks for the review though!
Favour Hann
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-hann.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Favour Hann »

The spark of love that exists between Matteo and Anastasia might never get quenched. I wonder what will be his wife reaction when she noticed what's going on.
Kenneth Onyenwe
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: The Blandford Fly by D.N. Moore

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

Infidelity breeds chaos and makes relationships fail, I don't support Matteo's actions and will read to know if his wife did find out about his affair.
Rohit4321
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Rohit4321 »

Thanks for your kind information. It will surely give me important knowledge. I will look forward from it surely.
Nicholas Bush
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicholas-bush.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Nicholas Bush »

I would love to read a good love story where emotions take the center-stage. I hope the book will be able to satisfy this. I loved the review and analysis of the book.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”