Review of Ride out your storm!

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rocky Ellery James Tumbelaka
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 260
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rocky-ellery-james-tumbelaka.html
Latest Review: Under Nazi Noses by John Tepper Marlin (Translator), Erik Schaap (Dutch Author)

Review of Ride out your storm!

Post by Rocky Ellery James Tumbelaka »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Ride out your storm!" by Shirley Staggs.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Ride out your storm! by Shirley Staggs is a novel in the romance genre. This book tells the love story of Shelina Staggs. After a heartbreaking incident with her ex-boyfriend, John, Shelina tries to take a break from dating. But her plan changed when a new student came to her school. Ben was a kind and good-looking young man who took a liking to Shelina. While still reeling from her previous relationship, Shelina also found that she was interested in Ben. Through tumultuous interactions mired with reluctance and doubts, Shelina and Ben found that they not only liked one another, but they were in love with one another. Both knew that whatever happened in the future, they could face it together. Would their love for one another be the strength they needed for what happened next? Or would it crumble under all the pressure?

What I liked the most about this book were the characters. My favorite was Ben. At first, I was skeptical about him. Why did he suddenly become interested in Shelina? Did he want to take advantage of her? I am very glad that I was wrong. His love for Shelina was beautiful. He stood by her through everything that happened. He didn't complain and was willing to put aside what he liked so that Shelina and their babies could go home. His sacrifice for his family was very heartwarming. Shelina was also an interesting character. I was annoyed at first by her indecisiveness and unstable emotions toward Ben. But when I reflected on my time in high school, I may have done the same things as she did. That is why I felt so relatable to what she felt and what she was going through. I don't read romance novels that much, but these two main characters made me enjoy this book very much. I would like to thank the author for introducing me to them.

The story itself was pretty straightforward, but it was after they got married that it became more interesting for me. During this part, I had to say that the author was able to convey the character's feelings very well. Shelina's struggles after giving birth and Ben's sacrifice for his family were both so palpable that I couldn't help but feel the same thing as they did. I felt heartbroken when they faced hard times, and I felt glad when all worked out well for them. I have to congratulate the author for making me feel a myriad of emotions while reading this book.

I had nothing to dislike about this book. I rate this book 4 out of 5 stars. I reduced a star because I found quite a few errors and typos. I say this book could use another round of editing. This is a romance novel that pulls on your heartstrings and teaches you that true love is the most beautiful gift you could ever have.

I recommend this book to readers who like romance novels. Readers who enjoy realistic romance novels with realistic drama would definitely enjoy this book even more. This book is also suitable for mature young adults because of the sexual scenes depicted in it.

Ride out your storm!
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Fateme_____________
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fateme-ataei.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven! by Jemima Paul and Arvind Paul

Post by Fateme_____________ »

I must say, the story sounds incredibly captivating and hard to put down. I think the book's most substantial aspect is its portrayal of the struggles that come with post-high school romance and engaging characters. Thank you for sharing your review.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”