Review of The Purpose of Destiny

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Andrada Madalina
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andrada-madalina.html
Latest Review: The Butterfly Cage by Rachel Zemach
Reading Device: B014LQ6EKI

Review of The Purpose of Destiny

Post by Andrada Madalina »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Purpose of Destiny" by Chet North and Melissa Kropf Morris.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Purpose of Destiny by Chet North and Melissa Kropf Morris is a romance about fate and syncronicity. It emphasizes the combination of two paths and the dreams of two soul mates. Also, the novel presents themes such as family life, war, and life.

Briefly, this book focuses on the journeys of two different families: one from California and one from Vietnam. After graduation, Robert Nance's life takes a dramatic turn due to the Vietnam War. His dream of going to Stanford is shattered. Robert is forced to embrace the military life, and his wife, Abby, is the only reason why he is struggling with survival. However, Robert does not find himself after the end of the war and starts to fight with his demons.

I liked how this book illustrated family life after the experience of the war and God's timing in the difficult moments. I appreciated that Chet North and Melissa Kropf Morris focused on the psychological impact that the war had on Robert's life. For instance, I understood his impossibility to adapt to life in the States immediately after the end of the war in Vietnam and empathized with his traumas and nightmares. Also, I loved how the authors illustrated the early stages of the relationship between Robert and Abby: their first date, the emotion of the first kiss, and everything around them that was in complete harmony.

Another positive aspect of this novel was the character development. I loved Robert's sense of responsibility and his leadership spirit. For example, his speech of thanks in front of his football team moved me, and I liked how he managed the difficulties that arose in his life. Also, I appreciated Abby's devotion to her husband during his depression, even though he distanced himself emotionally from her after the war experience.

There was nothing I disliked about this novel. I rate it 5 out of 5 stars because it taught me a valuable lesson about my sense of purpose and gave me hope to follow love. I liked how the authors highlighted parent-child bonding and the emotional healing process of a Vietnam veteran. The plot twist captivated me and quickly moved me from sadness to excitement after all the inner struggles the characters faced. Also, The Purpose of Destiny was professionally edited. I only discovered four minor closing punctuation errors.

I recommend this book to fans of romance, especially those who love the stories in which the synchronicity of some events is an occasion for the crossing of two destinies. It is perfect for people interested in an inspiring journey of emotional healing and self-discovery. Also, the novel is suitable for a large audience because it has only one minor borderline profanity and very light erotic content.

The Purpose of Destiny
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Paul Link
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul-link.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by Paul Link »

Thank you for this insightful review. I appreciate how you highlighted the psychological impact of the Vietnam War on Robert and empathized with his struggles, which makes it clear that the authors have done an excellent job of character development. Your recommendation for fans of romance with an interest in inspirational journeys of self-discovery is very motivating, and I can't wait to read this story of fate and synchronicity. The fact that this book has been professionally edited and virtually no errors make it even more commendable. Thanks again for your review!

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”