Review of Catch A Raven

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mildred Echesa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mildred-echesa.html
Latest Review: Catch A Raven by Kirro Burrows

Review of Catch A Raven

Post by Mildred Echesa »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Catch A Raven" by Kirro Burrows.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Raiven joins the Coven after she escapes from her mother's castle. She makes several friends, such as Justina, Aurel, and Kisten, among others. However, there is trouble as Justina is almost murdered, but luckily she survives. The Coven is a group of supernatural beings, and they all have to work together to find out who tried to kill Justina and, at the same time, protect their own lives. Who tried to kill Justina and why? Why did Raiven run away from her mother's castle? How about Raiven's love life? Who does she love? To find out more, please read Catch A Raven by Kirro Burrows.

This is a fascinating book, and there are so many things I love about it. I love its fast-paced and suspenseful plot. From the very beginning, the story is filled with action and suspense that keeps readers engaged and eager to find out what happens next. The author does an excellent job of building tension and creating a sense of urgency that makes it difficult to put the book down.

Another positive aspect of the novel is the well-developed characters. The author introduces each character well, and one understands their back story, and hence they understand their contribution to the novel's plot.

However, the novel is not without its flaws. One of the biggest weaknesses of Catch A Raven is the lack of world-building. While the story is set in a dystopian society, the author does not provide enough detail about the world and its history. This can be confusing for readers who are trying to understand the context of the story.

Additionally, some parts of the plot feel rushed and underdeveloped. There are certain events that happen quickly and without much explanation, which can be frustrating for readers who want to understand the motivations of the characters and the consequences of their actions.

I, therefore, rate this book 3 out of 5 stars due to its exciting and fast-paced nature. I deducted two stars because of the lack of world-building and rushed events. The book was exceptionally well edited since I encountered no errors while reading it.

I recommend this book to people who love romantic books because there is romance in the book. I also recommend this book to persons interested in vampires and other supernatural beings because the characters are supernatural beings.

Catch A Raven
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Poetic Justice
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

I think there's a problem in the castle of Raiven's mother that's why he runs away. That is the mystery as well as the murder of Justina. I think the love life of Raiven is exciting to read about. Thanks for your lovely review, Mildred!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”