Review of Blood Ties

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Oluchi Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchi-samuel.html
Latest Review: Original Wisdom by Donna Bond

Review of Blood Ties

Post by Oluchi Samuel »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Blood Ties" by Tutussaq Stauffer.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Imagine being pronounced dead and then waking up one day in your coffin with a strong thirst for blood. That was Arienne Villeneuve's story. In Blood Ties by Tutussaq Stauffer, we follow Arienne's journey as she battles her grandmother and finds love.

After Arienne woke up as a vampire, she didn't quite understand what was happening. She went home and was sent out by her hysteric twin sister, Fleur, who didn't comprehend why her supposedly dead sister was in front of her. Arienne ended up in a hotel where she met Cheong Haneul, a fellow vampire, who gave her a generous amount of money and instructed her to go to France and find Arabella Bardot and Nora Berry. They were members of two elite houses. That began her journey. In France, she was attacked by a vampire hunter that was sent by her grandmother, Francine Gauthier. She was a vampire and a member of one of the elite houses. Why did her grandmother want her dead? Will Arienne be able to bring her grandmother down? Read this book to find out.

One of the things I loved about this book was that it portrayed the importance of support. I do not think Arienne would have gone as far as she did without the help of two strong women, Nora and Arabella. They stood by her, trained her, and showed their unwavering support. My favorite character was easily Arienne. I loved her spirit and courage. Her drive to bring Francine down was admirable. Francine was clearly more powerful than her, but she persisted.

The romance between Arienne and Nora was quite beautiful. It wasn't just hoisted on the readers. It was subtle, with just mild flirtations at first. We could see the love blossom. This book also portrays some of the challenges the LGBTQ community faces. Nora's mother refused to acknowledge the fact that her daughter was gay. She tried to make Nora marry a man. I was glad Arienne and Nora had their happy ending.

This book was quite unique. It is not every day you stumble on a vampire romance novel with a gay couple at its center. The author's attention to detail was obvious. She gave detailed descriptions of the characters' features and looks. It made it easier for the readers to picture them. The writing style was also easy to comprehend. The one thing I didn't like about this book was how Fleur, Arienne's twin sister, responded to Arienne's phone call. She didn't appear surprised that her supposedly deceased twin sister was calling her. It was somewhat implausible. However, it was insufficient to lower my rating.

For the above reasons, I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. My dislike was too small to affect my rating. It was also professionally edited, as I found one error. I recommend this book to readers that enjoy vampire romance novels.

Blood Ties
View: on Bookshelves
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

The plot and concept are unique. I haven't tried vampire novels and I think I will never because I dislike horror things even in movies. But I like that this book is dedicated to LGBTQ. Thanks for sharing your lovely review, Oluchi!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Ram Uday Mahajan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Shanghai Circle
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ram-uday-mahajan.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Ram Uday Mahajan »

"Thank you for your insightful review! I appreciate how you highlighted the importance of support in the story and praised the author's attention to detail. It's refreshing to see a unique vampire romance novel with LGBTQ representation. Great job!"
ArunaPmagar
Currently Reading: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arunapmagar.html
Latest Review: Purpose by Gina Bianchini

Post by ArunaPmagar »

Plot of this story seem really interesting and a representation of LGBTQ love in a vampire story seems really unique
ArunaPmagar
Currently Reading: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arunapmagar.html
Latest Review: Purpose by Gina Bianchini

Post by ArunaPmagar »

Plot of this story seem really interesting and a representation of LGBTQ love in a vampire story seems really unique
Rica Concepcion
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 44

Post by Rica Concepcion »

A rare love story of a gay vampire chased by a vampire hunter was fresh and unique for me. Presenting LGBTQ people is pompous and stunning. I was glad too that Arienne and Nora had their happy ending. I'm adding this to my book shelves! Impressive review! Good work!
Uchechi uk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uchechi-uk.html
Latest Review: Swimming in a Sea of Stars by Julie Wright

Post by Uchechi uk »

I lost would love to know why her grandmother wants her dead. This is an amazing book with an intriguing plot and cover page. How did she also turn into a vampire? I am looking forward to reading this book.
Fred Newman
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fred-newman.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Fred Newman »

This book has a very scary introduction. The storyline seems so amazing and I can't wait to read this book the presentation and organisation is so awesome.
Chukwuemeka Ezema
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chukwuemeka-ezema.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Chukwuemeka Ezema »

This book has a thrilling storyline. I would like to read about how Arienne was able to defeat her grandmother and how she found love. Thanks for the review.
Baggett Yori
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-baggett-yori.html
Latest Review: The Truth Is Beyond Belief! by Jerry Durr

Post by Baggett Yori »

"Blood Ties" by Tutussaq Stauffer sounds like an intriguing and unique vampire romance novel that delves into themes of family, love, and identity. The story follows Arienne Villeneuve, who wakes up as a vampire and must navigate her new existence while uncovering secrets about her family and battling against powerful adversaries. As a prospective reader, I'm drawn to the novel's blend of romance, intrigue, and supernatural elements, as well as its exploration of familial dynamics and LGBTQ themes.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”