The Crossfire Series - Sylvia Day

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
smsichelman
Currently Reading: One with you
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smsichelman.html

The Crossfire Series - Sylvia Day

Post by smsichelman »

I think these books are fantastic. They are a way to escape ordinary life and get drawn into this word of love and lust. The sexual component to the book is very well written, but it isn't even why I keep going back for more. I think Day is just wonderful and creating such an image of this beautiful, loving (often dysfunctional) couple. It just amazes me. I can't ever put them down!
erica_bvs
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 668">Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince</a>
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erica-bvs.html

Post by erica_bvs »

Your review tells me that you really enjoyed them and that's great, but I have never heard of this series. Could you tell me more about what the books are about? I am always looking for new books to get lost in. :techie-studyinggray:
smsichelman
Currently Reading: One with you
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smsichelman.html

Post by smsichelman »

It is a little bit like 50 shades of Grey without all the spanking haha. A distant, tortured man and a woman with past problems of her own. He's really controlling and possessive, but she loves him deeply. In my opinion, these books are even better than 50 shades. The sexual stuff is good, but not the center of the entire series and doesn't include the bondage and experimentation.

They're just amazing!
Kourtney Bradley
Favorite Book: Bridges of Madison County
Currently Reading: Layla
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kourtney-bradley.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Kourtney Bradley »

I would say that I probably enjoyed this series more than 50 Shades as well. The story line itself is really great, and keeps you wanting more and more.
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian
Kmallen
Currently Reading: Jane Steele
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Kmallen »

The series itself I really enjoyed too, though when the final book came out not long ago, I was left a bit wanting. Of course for series like this a large part of why they are popular is obviously the sexual content, but I just felt the final book was a bit lack luster and kind of a anticlimactic resolution to a really tumultuous series.
Mikekim11511
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mikekim11511.html

Post by Mikekim11511 »

I just loved this series! It's definitely one of my favorites. I love how not only does the man have his own personal demons from his past but so does she. Of course he is a tall, dark, beautiful billionaire :) but it's not your typical story line. Sylvia Day keeps it interesting and the read is at a great pace.
Illiana81

Post by Illiana81 »

I have read 3 of the series and I was hooked. I would take one book to work with me at a time, so I could read on my break. These books are addicting that they're just impossible to put down until you're done. Sylvia Day writes very well. She draws up an image of this couple that is so real that you can see it. Sometimes, I would read for so long that when I stop reading it's like I paused a movie.
red_velvet_girl7
Favorite Author: sylvia day
Currently Reading: Out of the Box Everlasting
Bookshelf Size: 310
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-red-velvet-girl7.html
fav_author_id: 3447

Post by red_velvet_girl7 »

The Crossfire Series by Sylvia Day is my most favourite series in erotica genre. Sylvia Day is an exceptional writer and I simply love Eva and Gideon. I think they are one of the best fictional couple ever.
This series is just not about hot, steamy and toe curling sex scenes, it actually has an interesting plot which leaves you turning the pages and wishing for more.
I have read all the five parts and I still wish that Sylvia Day would write more about Eva and Gideon.
I simply love this series and every romance novels fan should read this series at least once.
2kasmom
Currently Reading: Down And Dirty
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-2kasmom.html
Latest Review: Are Your Kids Naked Online? by Chris Good and Lisa Good
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by 2kasmom »

I have to agree with you. Ms Day has a way of writing that just sucks you in right away. I really like this series, and I mean really. I have re-read them many times and found the characters just really compelling. It sometimes takes a very intense book or series to help us appreciate daily life or even a lighter book. Thank you for your thoughts!
Michelle92
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelle92.html
Latest Review: "Yesterdat" by Samyann

Post by Michelle92 »

One of my favorite ones after finding this genre with Fifty Shades. Sylvia Day is really talented and it shows in her work. Maybe for me it was a little too extended with the five titles and all. But the story and characters were full of live so it was a good reading, each and every one of them.
Latest Review: "Yesterdat" by Samyann
Adamandia
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 17">bloody earth</a>
Currently Reading: Stalked by love
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adamandia.html

Post by Adamandia »

I've purchased the last book in the series but I haven't read it yet. I liked Gideon and Eva's story so far.
ltlRose1031

Post by ltlRose1031 »

I finished the final installment today. I loved the novel but i feel like the reader was left with multiple questions unanswered and the story not truly complete. But the series was truly compelling and I'm finding it hard to choose a series that measures up. If anyone has any suggestions please send them my way. I'd be extremely grateful.
khudecek
Favorite Author: Depends on Genre
Favorite Book: The Angel and the Outlaw
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khudecek.html
Latest Review: "See Bride Run!" by Charlotte Hughes

Post by khudecek »

I read all five books as they came out, which means that I had to wait and wait and wait for the next book. It really angered me and I think that's why the series quickly lost favor with me.

I follow Sylvia Day on social media and when she'd post up pictures or herself in exotic places, it enraged me further. Why was she out gallivanting all over the freaking world while thousands of people are waiting for the next book in the series? This was going on while we were waiting for book three.

Frankly, the series should have ended after that. I thought books four and five were nothing more than moneygrabs for her and did nothing more than to feed her enormous ego. When the fifth book finally came out, I ended up really not liking Eva.

And Day cannot let go of this series. As a matter of fact, she even had somebody write and record the song, "Golden". It's not a bad song overall but like everything else dealing with Sylvia Day, I found it to do nothing more than to stroke her ego some more. Wait until the rumored TV show comes out...

She had a hit with The Crossfire Series. There is no doubt about that. But can she do it again? I guess I don't know nor do I care. I will never read anything by this woman again.
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference

~~
"The Road Not Taken" by Robert Frost
allymurf

Post by allymurf »

I absolutely loved this series. I thought that it was better than Fifty Shades, based upon the fact that this one had a real story behind it and also the writing.
I did think that the books could have been shorten into just three in the series and maybe a little wrap up novella to conclude there story. I thought that it was lengthened and drawn out when it didn't need to be.
Not only was the story drawn out but the waiting time for the next book was drawn out. After waiting such a long time in between the books, I ended up having to go back and reread the others to remember where they left off. It was a little frustrating but I understand that there are some things that come up when writing and publishing books. But the drawn out story of Gideon and Eva wasn't helping the frustration...
khudecek
Favorite Author: Depends on Genre
Favorite Book: The Angel and the Outlaw
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khudecek.html

Post by khudecek »

I hated the last book. Absolutely hated it. There was no substance to it at all. I had issues with Eva starting in book #3. Book #5 completely killed her for me.

Considering the wait time, it was not worth it.
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference

~~
"The Road Not Taken" by Robert Frost

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”