Sparrow by L.J. Shen

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
EverlynK
Bookshelf Size: 0

Icon Sparrow by L.J. Shen

Post by EverlynK »

Sparrow by L.J. Shen
The cover is kind of misleading. I first thought the book was a fantasy kind of book but it wasn't.

It was brutally amazing. There're mix elements in this book. There's romance, thriller, mystery, and dark. It'll fill your need for darkness and mystery but also offer you romance.

This book is about a girl named Sparrow who was forced to marry the most dangerous man in town, Troy. They never met, never talk, and never be in any relationship until one day, Troy kidnapped Sparrow to his penthouse for weeks and finally showed up to order her to marry him. Not allowed to say no, Sparrow was marrying a man she barely knew.

However, as time goes by, she questions Troy's motive to marry her and the secret that she will soon find out was both terrifying and cruel. It will break them apart but will they be stronger?

This book is written in both Sparrow's and Troy's POV which is amazing. Being able to read different perceptive allows the readers to understand and to connect with the characters better.

A few quotes from this book that I thought was amazing was:

Real love was cancer. All it took was one blink, and it would spread inside you like wildfire and consume you. But that was okay, because I had a feeling that unlike cancer, real love didn’t die. Ever.”

“Is it possible to feel your heart breaking, even when you’re falling in love?”

“Guilt was a thief. It would steal your mind, mess with your priorities and would eventually steer you from your original plan."
Megwe85
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-megwe85.html
Latest Review: "Cryptic" by Conrad Luznar

Post by Megwe85 »

Wow! This sounds like a winner. It is definitely going on my reading list. Thanks for writing the review.
Latest Review: "Cryptic" by Conrad Luznar
MoonlitStars
Currently Reading: The Sweetest Oblivion
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by MoonlitStars »

I stumbled upon this hidden gem while searching free with Prime Reading on my Amazon Kindle. I am a total sucker for book covers. I had no idea what the book was going to be about, I simply saw the cover and clicked buy. I was so pleasantly surprised from beginning to end!

This book reminded me of the Showtime series, Ray Donovan. I was a sucker for Donovan and just like the show, Sparrow has it all; danger, mob bosses, drama, thriller, passion!

We have the pleasure of seeing the POV from both of the main characters, Troy and Sparrow. This is something I thoroughly enjoy reading, I love hearing both sides to every story. L.J Sten is incredibly descriptive in her writing, the detail and thought she put into writing this book is top notch.

Troy Brennan is the son of an Irish mob boss who has recently been deceased. Troy is determined to seek out revenge for his fathers death and gets tangled up with passion along the way. He is known as the Fixer... Pretty much he gets paid the big bucks for fixing others problems while keeping it discreet and out of the media.

Sparrow Raynes is a simple young woman, she is a culinary student and lives with her alcoholic father. Her father just so happens to work for Troy Brennan. Sparrow dreams of having her own food truck and spends majority of her time with her friends... Until Troy comes upon her path.

I love this book so much because ultimately it’s a twisted love story mixed with a hint of physiological thriller with burning passion! Sparrow was such a breath of fresh air.. I love reading books that keep me on the edge of my seat until the next chapter.

I will definitely read more of her books! 5/5 stars from me!
Alana Rey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alana-rey.html
Latest Review: Awakening by Tayma Tameem

Post by Alana Rey »

This seems like an interesting read. I'm a sucker for bad boys and romance, so this seems like my kind of book. Will definitely give it a try

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”