Review of Desperation

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
EBERE WRITES COCEPT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebere-writes-cocept.html
Latest Review: America's Election Handbook 2024 by Charles Patton

Review of Desperation

Post by EBERE WRITES COCEPT »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Desperation" by Becca Ryden.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The arrival of enigmatic beings known as Daeva suddenly emerges from another world and seamlessly infiltrates human society. Their arrival, marked by awe-inspiring miracles and heroic acts, transforms them into contemporary superheroes. This newfound status as saviors endears them to humanity, whom they refer to as god-like figures deserving of adulation and admiration. Yet beneath their altruistic facade lies a hidden purpose, concealed from the unsuspecting human populace. These species harbor a singular mission: to locate a member of the Valois royal lineage, the rightful queen of the sky throne. This revelation injects a compelling element of mystery and intrigue into the narrative. Central to the plot is the complex relationship between Queen Charlotte and her king. Their shared history, marred by misunderstandings and Charlotte's initial perception of him as an adversary, adds layers of tension and conflict to the story. Readers are kept on tenterhooks as they traverse the intricate web of secrets and emotions.

Desperation by Becca Ryden stands out as a tale that delves deeper into the human psyche and explores the complexities of relationships. Her writing is evocative and emotionally resonant. Becca Ryden's storytelling is rich and immersive, drawing readers into a world where romance is not just about love but about overcoming misconceptions, fighting for love, and confronting one's deepest fears. The narrative culminates in a breathtaking cliffhanger, leaving readers yearning for the forthcoming chapters of the story. As the layers of misunderstandings peel away, it becomes evident that more formidable adversaries lurk in the shadows than Charlotte could have ever fathomed.

One of the standout features of this novel that resonated deeply with me is the love that King Aurek holds for Charlotte. Amidst the upheaval, misunderstandings, and even moments of bloodshed that affected their relationship, King Aurek's commitment to protecting Charlotte remains unshaken. His actions throughout the book serve as a testament to the notion that true love is capable of making sacrifices and going to great lengths to ensure the safety and well-being of those we cherish. This portrayal of love is a resonating theme that enriches the narrative and makes Desperation an upsetting exploration of the enduring power of human emotion.

This book is excellently edited. I found Desperation to be an exceptionally captivating read, and there was nothing I didn’t like about the book. Throughout the story, I had this insatiable curiosity and desire to uncover the next chapter's revelations. Each chapter unveiled new layers of intrigue and suspense, making it impossible for me to resist the urge to delve deeper into the story.

I rate this book five out of five stars because of the book’s ability to evoke strong emotions. The author's ability to craft a narrative that blends fantasy and romance creates an immersive reading experience that keeps readers engaged from start to finish. Judging from the plots and the richly developed characters, this book exceeded my expectations in every way. I recommend this book to enthusiasts of the historical and romance genres.

Desperation
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
RutvikPatel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rutvikpatel.html
Latest Review: The River of Cheese by Amanda Jane Lowles

Post by RutvikPatel »

"Desperation" by Becca Ryden is a compelling story filled with intrigue and complex relationships. The arrival of enigmatic beings, the Daeva, as contemporary superheroes hiding a hidden purpose injects mystery into the narrative. Central to the plot is the complex relationship between Queen Charlotte and King Aurek, marred by misunderstandings and conflict. Becca Ryden's storytelling is emotionally resonant, delving into the human psyche and the complexities of love and sacrifice. The book is excellently edited, and the reviewer found it captivating, with an insatiable curiosity to uncover the next chapter's revelations.
Ohmy Book
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohmy-book.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Ohmy Book »

The cover looks amazing and the plot sounds interesting. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Veronica Hunter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veronica-hunter.html
Latest Review: Arcadia by Stanley Michelsen

Post by Veronica Hunter »

"Desperation" appears to be a tale that not only captivates with its mystery and romance but also delves into deeper human emotions and the challenges of navigating complex relationships. The desire for forthcoming chapters indicates the compelling nature of the story, leaving readers eager to unravel more of the plot's intricacies.
Tomi Ahmed
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomi-ahmed.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
2024 Reading Goal: 35
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by Tomi Ahmed »

This review of "Desperation" by Becca Ryden highlights its rich blend of fantasy and romance, drawing readers into a world of intrigue and emotional depth. The arrival of the Daeva and their hidden mission add layers of mystery, while the complex relationship between Queen Charlotte and King Aurek captivates with its tension and evolution. The author's evocative writing and well-developed characters make for an immersive reading experience. With excellent editing and a compelling plot, the book earns a deserved 5 out of 5 stars, recommended for fans of historical and romance genres.
Tomi Ahmed
Onwuesi Promise
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Onwuesi Promise »

I love the character development of the book. It was really a captivating read, full of ups and downs of emotion.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”