Review of Love Auction I

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Emily Meadows
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emily-meadows.html
Latest Review: Forever Young by Karma Wiederrick

Review of Love Auction I

Post by Emily Meadows »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Love Auction I" by Sharon Carter.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"Love Auction: Too Risky to Love Again" by Sharon Carter is a thrilling romance novel. The story centers on Sage, a widow who is haunted by the loss of her husband, Luke. Luke died in a devastating car accident after he and Sage argued. Sage feels guilt and grief over his loss and doesn’t want to date ever again. Sage meets Nick at a non-profit organization they both support. He is immediately interested in her, while she is vehemently uninterested in him.

Sage agrees to take part in a charity auction, with the highest bidder winning the privilege of going on a date with her. Nick bids and wins the auction, securing a date with Sage. Sage's brain is telling her to run while her heart and body disagree. Introducing Max, Nick's mentee, adds another layer to the plot. Max sees Sage and forms an unhealthy obsession with her, adding a dark and chilling dimension to the story. His relentless determination to have her at any cost is foreboding. Does Sage agree to date Nick? What does Max do to get Sage for himself?

"Love Auction: Too Risky to Love Again" keeps readers engaged with its well-crafted characters and the tension between Sage, Nick, and Max. The author does a nice job weaving the plot points together and writing a fast-paced book with a myriad of characters. I appreciated many elements of the story, for example, the realistic portrayal of dating and friendships between people of different races. I also thought the character development of Sage was thorough and that it helped to make her a more complex character.

There were things about the book that I thought could have been better. For example, the book got repetitive when Sage called Nick a “shallow, arrogant bastard” (page 103). She said it repeatedly to him, to herself, and to her friends, for a lot longer in the plot than I would have expected. The other thing that I didn’t love was Nick’s physical handling of Sage. He didn’t always wait for what I would call “enthusiastic consent” before grabbing her, pulling her towards his body, or kissing her. Sage could have used some self-defense, and I would have cheered her on.

I rate this book 4 out of 5 stars. "Love Auction: Too Risky to Love Again" is an enjoyable read that successfully blends romance and suspense. I gave it four stars because the plot could have been stronger had the author made a few edits and adjustments, as noted in the above paragraph. I recommend this book to romance novel readers who prefer stories that have more depth than a typical romance novel. I would also recommend this book to readers who enjoy thrillers; this book delivered suspense, some corruption, and a thrilling, dark twist.

Love Auction I
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Alexander Victoria
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-victoria.html
Latest Review: Affirm The Word by J. Marie Jones

Post by Alexander Victoria »

Sharon Carter's writing shines through in this captivating tale, skillfully crafting characters and a storyline that tug at the heartstrings and keep readers engaged. I'm eagerly anticipating the resolution of this gripping love story, wondering whether Sage will find the strength to embrace love again, and what lengths Max will go to in order to make her his own. It's a romance novel that keeps you guessing and leaves you hungry for more.
Miracle Oge Adaeze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miracle-oge-adaeze.html
Latest Review: The Maple Seed Helicopter by Marco Collina

Post by Miracle Oge Adaeze »

With the book being fast paced, I envisage that I may have to prep to catch up to the book's pace. Thank you for the honest review.
Anil Baade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anil-baade.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Anil Baade »

You've explained very well about the book and you have mentioned the content of the book very nicely. I'll definitely start reading this book.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”