Review of Countdown to Christmas

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chuks Ogechukwu Bianca
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chuks-ogechukwu-bianca.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Hacking Hippo by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Review of Countdown to Christmas

Post by Chuks Ogechukwu Bianca »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Countdown to Christmas" by Dianna Houx.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"Countdown to Christmas" by Dianna Houx is an amazing romance book that expertly blends elements of romance, family, and friendship in a beautifully written story.

The story focuses on Grace, a young girl who has been staying with her 85-year-old grandmother in the small town of Winterwood since her parents died in a car accident twenty years prior. After the doctor tells Grace that the coming Christmas is likely the last she'll celebrate with her grandmother unless a miracle happens, she sets out to make it the greatest Christmas her grandmother has ever experienced. Making plans with the townspeople, Grace plans to make sure Granny relives a Christmas straight out of her childhood memories while praying for a miracle that the experience helps Granny live a bit longer. Along the way, she meets amazing friends who also make the Christmas experience more memorable.

One of the most noteworthy strengths of the book is the author's storytelling prowess. The author was able to captivate readers' interest from the very first chapter to the very last. The book was divided into short chapters in a creative attempt to pique the reader's attention, and it worked. Also, the book was an excellent blend of comedy, romance, and friendship, which makes up the perfect themes for a Christmas book. I must also commend the editing of the book, as I noticed no grammatical or spelling errors throughout my reading period.

I had no dislikes whatsoever for the book. The book really did meet up to my incredibly high expectations for it.

Overall, I'd rate "Countdown to Christmas" 5 out of 5 stars for its captivating story and impeccable editing.

I'd recommend the book to both adults and young adults who enjoy romance books. I'd also recommend the book to people who enjoy family and Christmas-themed books.

Countdown to Christmas
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Zainab777
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Zainab777 »

The writer succeeded in telling the story in a simple and easy way. I found many beautiful feelings between the pages of the story love, sacrifice, cooperation and striving to make those around us happy.
I recommend that English language beginners read this story، as the writer used simple, easy words and sentences, and the story consists of chapters that are easy to read and build imaginations that contribute to drawing the story. The book organizes the best stories I have read. Thanks to Dianna Houx.
Chuks Ogechukwu Bianca
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chuks-ogechukwu-bianca.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Hacking Hippo by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Chuks Ogechukwu Bianca »

Zainab777 wrote: 06 Nov 2023, 04:50 The writer succeeded in telling the story in a simple and easy way. I found many beautiful feelings between the pages of the story love, sacrifice, cooperation and striving to make those around us happy.
I recommend that English language beginners read this story، as the writer used simple, easy words and sentences, and the story consists of chapters that are easy to read and build imaginations that contribute to drawing the story. The book organizes the best stories I have read. Thanks to Dianna Houx.
Yes, exactly! I am glad you also enjoyed the book as much as I did.
Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aremu-titilopemi-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Embody Wholeness by Judith Hoaglund

Post by Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo »

Hmmm, I don't think I ever want to be in a situation where I'm facing death at a young age or someone close to me is facing death. It's traumatizing and it takes a large amount of strength to do what Grace did for her grandma. I really comend her!
Ohmy Book
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohmy-book.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Ohmy Book »

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of "Countdown to Christmas" by Dianna Houx! Your thoughtful analysis of the book's strengths and captivating storytelling is greatly appreciated.

It's heartwarming to hear how the story of Grace's quest to create a special Christmas for her grandmother resonated with you. The way the author expertly blended elements of romance, family, and friendship in a beautifully written narrative is a testament to their storytelling prowess.

Your praise for the book's editing and the absence of grammatical or spelling errors is a testament to the quality of the work. I'm thrilled that "Countdown to Christmas" not only met but exceeded your high expectations, resulting in a perfect 5-star rating.

Your recommendation to a broad audience, from adults to young adults who enjoy romance and family-centered Christmas-themed books, is invaluable. I hope that more readers discover and enjoy this heartwarming tale.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and for your kind words. Your review is a gift to both the author and potential readers of "Countdown to Christmas."
Slayton Natasha Tillett
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slayton-natasha-tillett.html
Latest Review: Love and Nature/Amor y Naturaleza by Abraham Garcia

Post by Slayton Natasha Tillett »

"Countdown to Christmas" is a heartwarming blend of romance, family, and festive cheer that keeps you hooked from start to finish. With its engaging storytelling and well-crafted characters, it's a delightful read for anyone who loves a good Christmas tale.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”