Review of A Sigh Too Much A Kiss Too Long Book 2

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chuks Ogechukwu Bianca
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chuks-ogechukwu-bianca.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Hacking Hippo by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Review of A Sigh Too Much A Kiss Too Long Book 2

Post by Chuks Ogechukwu Bianca »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A Sigh Too Much A Kiss Too Long Book 2" by C. Kaelin.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"A Sigh Too Much A Kiss Too Long Book 2" by Cecilia Payne-Kaelin is a short romance book that serves as an awareness-raising book on the issues of domestic abuse.

The book focuses on a young married woman, Shelly, who has been in an abusive marriage with her husband, Trey, who is thirteen years older than her. Shelly has been married to Trey for three years, and it's safe to say that it's been the worst three years of her life. Ranging from verbal abuse to threats of "mutilating her face till no man will ever be able to accept her" if she ever decides to run away, Trey's heartless nature is evident throughout the book, and it's not just directed towards his wife, people working under him, or his boss; it also extends to innocent animals as well. Will our dear protagonist ever find the courage to leave this marriage that is doomed to end her life? You'll have to grab a copy of the book to find out.

There are so many reasons why I enjoyed this book and one of those reasons is that the book highlights and discusses a very vital aspect of today's society: domestic violence. The book tends to raise awareness about "Battered Women Syndrome," a subcategory of post-traumatic stress disorder, the symptoms, common reasons why women (who are the usual victims, though men are victims too) may experience domestic violence, and the negative impacts it has on children. The book is a true eye-opener. Another strength of the book is the author's decision to keep the story short and engaging, totally gluing readers while passing the vital information within it without losing the reader's attention. Another strength of the book is its exceptional editing. I noticed no significant grammatical or spelling errors capable of interrupting my reading experience. This goes to show the author's dedication to putting out a flawlessly written text.

I found myself without any dislikes whatsoever for the book or any weaknesses within the text.

Overall, I'd rate Cecilia Payne-Kaelin's "A Sigh Too Much A Kiss Too Long Book 2" 5 out of 5 stars for the vital information within it and the meticulous editing devoid of grammatical errors.

I'd recommend the book to every adult and young adult (male and female) and also to victims of domestic violence or people living with "Battered Women Syndrome" so they can realize that they do not deserve the abuse they receive and they can escape it.

A Sigh Too Much A Kiss Too Long Book 2
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kirui Collins
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirui-collins.html
Latest Review: Zen and the Art of Writing by Ray Hodgson

Post by Kirui Collins »

Men who still abuse their women are a disgrace. Thanks for the review.
Slayton Natasha Tillett
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slayton-natasha-tillett.html
Latest Review: Love and Nature/Amor y Naturaleza by Abraham Garcia

Post by Slayton Natasha Tillett »

This book bravely tackles domestic abuse, weaving awareness seamlessly into its engaging narrative. A short yet impactful read, it earns a solid 5 stars. Recommended for everyone, especially those seeking understanding and support.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”