Review of Particular Bossy Lover

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 349
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Review of Particular Bossy Lover

Post by Hager Salem »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Particular Bossy Lover" by Tee James.]
Book Cover
1 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Grayson Sinclair was a millionaire CEO who was subjected to a scandal that threatened his position. He wanted a way out, and he couldn't think of anyone better to help him than his childhood friend and neighbor, Ava Caldwell. He thought faking a relationship with her could save him, but he didn't know that this fake thing wouldn't last against their fiery feelings. Ava tried her best to resist Grayson's charms, but she couldn't last long. He kept approaching her, and her feelings for him were also too strong to hide. This fake thing rapidly turned into a very sensual relationship that they couldn't escape. Their feelings were stronger than their caution, and sometimes they forgot they needed protection. This led to a surprise that turned everything upside down and made them stop and look into it. In Particular Bossy Lover by Tee James, we see the details of their relationship and how they would deal with that surprise.

The book wasn't really my cup of tea. Unfortunately, I can't think of something I admire about it. The storyline seemed superficial and forced. It started and ended suddenly. It just felt that a shallow context was created to accompany the explicitly described sexual scenes. It would have been better to have a strong background story that could make for a real read. Also, the whole idea of Ava resisting her feelings felt unbelievable and was just there to spice things up.

The book didn't have what it takes to be enjoyable. The spicy scenes were out of context and just appeared frequently. The book was well-edited, though. I could only notice a couple of mistakes. Taking all of this into consideration, I rate the book one out of five stars.

I can't tell if someone else may enjoy the book. It might suit people who aren't looking for a story to enjoy but are only searching for a couple of spicy scenes.

Particular Bossy Lover
View: on Bookshelves
Laney K
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laney-k.html
Latest Review: And of Course, There Was the Girl (A Sam Harrigan Mystery) by Brandon Barrows
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 66%

Post by Laney K »

Thank you for the honest review. It's a shame this book did not have the depth of plot to make it engaging for you.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”