Review of Seeking Submission

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Emily Meadows
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emily-meadows.html
Latest Review: Forever Young by Karma Wiederrick

Review of Seeking Submission

Post by Emily Meadows »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Seeking Submission" by Bobby Young.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"Seeking Submission" by Bobby Young is a book that dives into the sexy and erotic world of bondage and domination between two consenting adults. This is a book that has an unapologetic and daring narrative for mature audiences. “Seeking Submission” tells the story of a sub and his mistress, following them as their relationship develops from friendship to intimacy. Brad is a late-fifties business professional who is tired of his life. He is the boss at work, and he is the father, the grandfather, and the husband at home.

Brad places a Craigslist ad (modeled on a real Craigslist ad) looking for a mistress. He wants to be a sub in a mistress-sub relationship where he doesn’t have to make any decisions. Brad finds Victoria. Victoria has never been a mistress before, but she is willing to try to help her friend Brad.

At first, their relationship is non-sexual. Brad takes on his sub persona and visits his mistress weekly, doing chores around her house and yard. As the book progresses, their relationship deepens and becomes intimate. Brad can’t get enough of his mistress, and he worries their relationship will be threatened when Victoria looks for a real-life partner. What happens to Brad and Victoria? Does Brad find the healing he is seeking through this relationship?

I enjoyed reading “Seeking Submission.” This book offers readers a nuanced and insightful journey into the psychology of submission and dominance. Victoria feels as if she is offering Brad a form of therapy. Other characters in the book show Brad less respect, treating him more like a sex toy. The author does a good job of character development, humanizing Brad and Victoria and giving their characters depth.

My only critique of the book was the inconsistent voice in the narrative. At times, the book was written in the first person. Other times, the text switched to the third person. In some paragraphs, the tenses switched mid-paragraph, which was confusing. There were also a few typos in the text, some of which happened at important moments, like noting the time of day as a.m. or p.m.

I rate this book 4 out of 5 stars. It was easy to read and had good depth for an erotic book. I took one star away because of the above-mentioned issues in the text. I appreciated that the story moved beyond the physical to help readers understand the emotional and psychological aspects of mistress-sub relationships. I would recommend this book to adults who appreciate reading mature content. This book contains explicit material that is not suitable for young readers. I would also recommend this book to readers who are curious about these types of relationships or who are in a relationship like the one described in the book.

Seeking Submission
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Samuel Falle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuel-falle.html
Latest Review: The Power of Conscious Connection by Talia Fox

Post by Samuel Falle »

This review appreciated the book and applauded the author for doing a great job in creating it. Based on the pleasant impression the author's writing created, the reviewer also did well in making me want to include the book on my bookshelf.
Samuel Falle
Currently Reading:

Post by Samuel Falle »

This review appreciated the book and applauded the author for doing a great job in creating it. Based on the pleasant impression the author's writing created, the reviewer also did well in making me want to include the book on my bookshelf.
Samuel Falle
Currently Reading:

Post by Samuel Falle »

Aaron Joseph Maupin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aaron-joseph-maupin.html
Latest Review: The Incarnation by Arthur Telling

Post by Aaron Joseph Maupin »

Overall, this is a helpful review that provides insights into the book "Seeking Submission" by Bobby Young. However, it mentions some issues with inconsistent narrative voice and occasional typos. Despite these drawbacks, the review acknowledges the book's depth in exploring the psychology of a mistress-sub relationship and recommends it for adults interested in mature content. The review is sufficient but could benefit from more specific details about the book's strengths. It is likely to motivate readers who are curious about such relationships or seeking emotional and psychological insights. Therefore, the book seems to be a potentially valuable addition to readers' libraries.
Drsweetypr
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Drsweetypr »

I appreciate the honesty of the review I'm adding this book to my list and would love to read other opinions after reading this.
elmony rhode
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elmony-rhode.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by elmony rhode »

I appreciate your review, it is very intriguing, however, the critics stopped me from wanting to read the book. The reason why I said this, is because it makes a book less interesting to read. The story seems interesting between Victoria and Brad and I would like to know if Brad finds healing through his relationship with Victoria.
Ruth Andanje
Currently Reading: Women with Partners in Prison
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruth-andanje.html
Latest Review: The One by Tyler Cook
2024 Reading Goal: 35
2024 Goal Completion: 8%

Post by Ruth Andanje »

This review has been helpful. Victoria and Brad's relationship seems very interesting, so I might check this one out seeing as I am a fan of such genres of stories. I will definitely add it to my reading list.
Latest Review: The One by Tyler Cook
Donaking
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Donaking »

Based on the review, "Seeking Submission" by Bobby Young seems to be an interesting read for mature audiences interested in the world of bondage and domination. The book provides a nuanced exploration of the psychological aspects behind mistress-sub relationships, offering readers insight and depth beyond the explicit content. The reviewer appreciates the character development and the journey of the main characters, but mentions some issues with inconsistent voice and occasional typos. Overall, the review rates the book 4 out of 5 stars, recommending it to adults who enjoy mature content and are curious about such relationships.
Anil Baade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anil-baade.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Anil Baade »

You've explained very well about the book and you have mentioned the content of the book very nicely. I'll definitely start reading this book.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”