Review of Cancer Faith & Butterflies

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Amos Cyprian Kipchumba
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amos-cyprian-kipchumba.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Re: Review of Cancer Faith & Butterflies

Post by Amos Cyprian Kipchumba »

This book showcases Joe's emotional and physical challenges of fighting cancer. His faith in God helped him stay strong. I am planning to read it to learn more.
Damian Keyes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-damian-keyes.html
Latest Review: Last Minute Wedding Date by Anthony george
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 26%

Post by Damian Keyes »

As I was reading the synopsis of this book, I was envision this being played out in a movie or Netflix series. Joey's life is turned upside down with the loss of his parents, so he's trying to find his footing in life. I cannot wait to get this book and go on whatever journey Joey decodes to go on. Congrats to the author for having the BOTD.
Suvankar Das 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suvankar-das-1.html
Latest Review: The Disciples by D. Fuller Smith

Post by Suvankar Das 1 »

"Cancer, Faith & Butterflies" sounds like a heart-wrenching yet hopeful journey. I'm intrigued by the theme of love and faith in the face of adversity. The review's praise for its emotional depth has me eager to dive into this touching story.
Smrithi Arun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smrithi-arun.html
Latest Review: Derrick of Death by Malvina Lerma
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 10%

Post by Smrithi Arun »

Cancer, Faith and Butterflies narrates the story of the author’s devastating loss, how he found faith and eventually, love. Congrats on the BOTD!
Reading is dreaming with open eyes
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Melisa Jane »

The story of Joey is heartwarming, encouraging yet sad. He sacrificed a lot, especially after the passing of his parents. It's amazing how he was able to run a construction company with no experience. I hope the threat of cancer doesn't make him lose the people he loves.
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
Steve R 1 Nimmo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-steve-r-1-nimmo.html
Latest Review: Impromptu by Reid Hoffman

Post by Steve R 1 Nimmo »

The book charts the emotional upheavel in the protagonist's life triggered by the onset of cancer. The struggles and personal battles that they are confronted with are many, yet they show the tenacity to battle against all odds. It's a heart-wrenching tale, to say the least, and can be considered inspirational in many ways.
Phillip Olutosin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phillip-olutosin.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Phillip Olutosin »

Cancer Faith & Butterflies is an emotional story about a man who had to face life challenges and the looming threat of cancer. Congratulations on BOTD.
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 687
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

Despite this glowing review, I am afraid I have to avoid this book. I lost four close family members in the recent past. The tears haven't abated. I can relate to Joey.
MMcB
Favorite Book: Island of Missing Trees
Currently Reading: The Elephant(s) in the Room
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmcb.html
Latest Review: Ungraduated by Ken Hannaman
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by MMcB »

The newest review of Cancer Faith & Butterflies by Johnny M. Sanchez outlines a warm and unfolding story of young people whose lives are touched by tragedy, dire diagnosis’s and unwavering faith. How can the reader not root for Joey, Jimmy and a faith filled young cast of characters whose lives are touched by tragedy but filled with faith and hope?
If you're going through hell, keep going.
~ Sir Winston Churchill
Krebs Karen
Currently Reading: The Fish House
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-krebs-karen.html
Latest Review: Searching for Zen by Albert T. Franklin

Post by Krebs Karen »

The review of this book is awesome. Joey changed his mindset and followed his lovers path all because of his love for her. I believe this book would be a good read. Congrats on being book of the day!
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1158
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

I can feel the harrowing, gut-wrenching experience they had to go through. The struggle with spirituality provides another dimension to the narrative. Thanks for the review!
Singh Wolf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-singh-wolf.html
Latest Review: The Way of the Goddess by Ananta Ripa Ajmera
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by Singh Wolf »

As a reader, I found "Cancer Faith & Butterflies" by Johnny M. Sanchez to be a deeply moving and thought-provoking book. The author's ability to capture the emotional turmoil and complexities of facing cancer is truly commendable. The characters' struggles with their beliefs and the concept of God's existence added depth and nuance to the narrative, making it a compelling read.

One of my favorite aspects of the book was the character of Jimmy. His infectious optimism and vitality, despite his illness, were truly inspiring. Jimmy's story was a compelling thread that wove through the broader tapestry of the book, leaving an indelible mark on my reading experience.

The book also did an excellent job of exploring the sense of helplessness and heart-wrenching pain that comes with witnessing a loved one's illness. It raised important questions about life, death, and spirituality, making it a significant read for anyone touched by illness.

Overall, I highly recommend "Cancer Faith & Butterflies" to readers who enjoy inspirational and faith-based literature. Its superb editing, relatable characters, and heartfelt narrative make it a worthy addition to any bookshelf.
Kirui Collins
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirui-collins.html
Latest Review: Zen and the Art of Writing by Ray Hodgson

Post by Kirui Collins »

Cancer has always become a source of fear for so many people. I hope Joey finds peace. Congrats!
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 648
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 61%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

Hi @ Ram Sahn, I just read your comments on the official review of “Cancer, Faith & Butterflies” and I agree that faith in God is the most important message in this book. The pain and suffering of watching a loved one and a good 12-year-old friend die from cancer and leukemia is heart-breaking but knowing that they are going to Heaven can make it more bearable. @Mrlefty0706
Prince Ekeoma
Currently Reading: The Associated Press Guide to Punctuation
Bookshelf Size: 44

Post by Prince Ekeoma »

Cancer, Faith & Butterflies by Johnny M. Sanchez. An interesting book, talks about Joey who took over his father's company after his death at a young age, alongside with his sister. Joey faced some challenges, of threat of cancer. But notwithstanding faith took him along with his newly found love as wife.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”