Review of Could This Be Love

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nenye Charles
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nenye-charles.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Review of Could This Be Love

Post by Nenye Charles »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Could This Be Love" by Francine Mason.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

“Could This Be Love” by Francine Mason is an intriguing tale of suspense, tragedy, and romance. It is the first book in the series. Patrick arrives at his house and discovers it has been infiltrated and his guards wounded. It appears they’re in search of Felicity’s diary. Who is so desperate to lay hands on this diary? Get a copy to find out.

I like Patrick’s character; he seems calm and collected. His caring nature and concern for Joycelyn’s wellbeing will endear him to the readers. I enjoyed the scenic description of Greece and also learned about places of attraction, such as Fira, Akrotiri, and Oia. Again, I find George’s character quite suspicious, as he turns up in unexpected places, such as Greece and Patrick’s home. Patrick and Jocelyn find Felicity's diary. However, she didn't get to enlighten us on the name of her mystery lover, as she was instructed to desist from doing so. It was quite saddening to find a clue surrounding the mystery behind her death.

I only found one thing I didn’t like about this book. The book’s title isn’t a good representation of its content. Part one is mainly about uncovering the mysteries surrounding the strange happenings in Partrick’s life. I’d probably get to see more of the romantic aspects in subsequent books. Again, I found some errors while reading, which was quite confusing. I didn’t get to know if the actual pseudonym of Felicity’s lover was Lio or Leo, as the author kept alternating both.

For these reasons, I rate it 4 out of 5 stars, as there’s no justification to reduce any points. The author uses a good conversational tone, which I admire.

This book is recommended to lovers of mystery, suspense, and an undertone of romance. Again, if you love reading short romantic books, this is for you, as the pages aren’t voluminous.

Could This Be Love
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I am not a fan of romance novels, but this seems like more of a mystery. I find myself drawn into it just from your review. Thanks!
Kenneth Onyenwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

I will read to know how the author resolved the content of this book, which is about Patrick's house bulgar, and the title of this book: "Could This Be Love" by Francine Mason. Thanks for the review.
Glory_C
Currently Reading: Keysha's Drama
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-glory-c.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Glory_C »

I don’t really like it when books are unable to represent its content. Nevertheless, I’m quite curious to know what happened in the subsequent parts of the series. Well done.
Chiamaka_Glory
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiamaka-glory.html

Post by Chiamaka_Glory »

I’m curious to learn more about the contents of the book, especially the culprit behind the burgle. Well done for a well detailed review.
Alissa Deann Devargas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alissa-deann-devargas.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Alissa Deann Devargas »

I'm always up for romance novels, but those with mystery surrounding the plot endear me more to the story. This book will be very intriguing as it's shrouded in mystery.
Daberechi Precious
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daberechi-precious.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Daberechi Precious »

Not really a fan of romance novels but your review was very interesting and fun to read, I will recommend it for lovers of romance novels.
Colleado Keana Rose
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-colleado-keana-rose.html
Latest Review: Rise and Conquer by Juan Partida

Post by Colleado Keana Rose »

Thank you for your curiosity! The review aimed to provide a thorough overview, and I'm glad you found it well-detailed. Exploring the book will likely unravel the mystery behind the burgle and keep you engaged in the narrative. Happy reading!
Chiemego Nwokolo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiemego-nwokolo.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Post by Chiemego Nwokolo »

A book on romance, interlaced with mystery. Sounds like a very Interesting read. I would definitely read this any opportunity I get. Excellent review, it was fun to read.
Malachi Chukwuebuka Nelson
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malachi-chukwuebuka-nelson.html

Post by Malachi Chukwuebuka Nelson »

Well I'm not a fan of romance books. You did well in your review but I will give the a pass . Thanks for this fantastic review.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”