Review for Throne of Power by Rina Kent

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Gracy Patel
Favorite Book: Deviant King
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 2%

Icon Review for Throne of Power by Rina Kent

Post by Gracy Patel »

Hey!

Title: The Throne of Power
Author: Rina Kent

Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ (5/5)

Genre: Dark Romance, Suspense, New Adult, Erotica, Arrange Marriage

Release Date: 18 January 2021

The amount of chills this book gave me is insane. I'm a big Rina Kent fan and this has to be one of her best works. It kept me in a chokehold like hell.

The book is Russian mafia romance or let's just say it's a dark romance. The characters yearned for power in their mafia world. The plot twists here were impeccable. The main characters Kyle Hunter and Rai Sokolov are just the definition of slow-burn forbidden romance.

Rai is a mafia princess and shows how many struggles she goes through in the mafia world just for her rights and her need to have power but faces many problems because of her gender. No man wants to be ruled by a woman in the mafia world and because of that Rai faces many problems but by working hard and proving everyone wrong about her she snatches some power right from their bare hands.

Kyle here, is a hitman and former bodyguard of Rai (now husband). But one day out of the blue he disappeared. Seven years later Kyle is back as the lost son of one of the four Kings of the Vory. And now that he's back he demands to marry Rai, she doesn't have any other option and agrees. Although she's still mad at him for leaving without saying a word.

The narrative unfolds with a series of twists and turns that are both surprising and satisfying. With its compelling characters, rich world-building, and a plot that keeps you guessing until the very end and enriches cultural detail, the book is a must-read. At first, I wasn't so invested in this book but with time I needed answers because Rina seriously kept me on freaking cliffhangers the whole time especially the one in the end. Therefore I'll have to pick the next book right away I can't wait to unveil the secrets here.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”