Review of Bagels and Cream Cheese

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Obc Contentor
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obc-contentor.html
Latest Review: Heart and Harmony: Poetic Reflections on Legendary Singers by Archie Luper

Review of Bagels and Cream Cheese

Post by Obc Contentor »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Bagels and Cream Cheese" by Richard Bartlett.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Charles, the 54-year-old CEO of Clean Power, Inc., oversees the installation of geothermal systems worldwide, with offices in St. Petersburg and New York—his main headquarters. Despite his affluence, he grapples with personal challenges, having lost his son Josiah to lymphocyte leukemia and his wife Rachel to a car accident. His mother's battle with dementia further adds to his predicaments. Charles, known for his caring and humble nature, values his employees' wellbeing. Despite the hardships, he remained alone until two years ago when he encountered two remarkable women, each with unique qualities. Now, the question arises: will he choose to settle down with both of them?

Bagels and Cream Cheese by Richard Bartlett is a romance, action, and thriller novel that narrates the life of Charles, a company CEO, as he navigates complexities in his business and the romantic adventure with women who caught his eyes along the way.

The narrative kicks off with an intriguing scene, placing Charles and his company in a suspenseful dilemma over an intruder stealing crucial information. The gripping tone swiftly drew me into the story. As Charles and his team strategized to catch the culprit, I appreciated the mature and experienced approach he displayed, maintaining a calm demeanor amidst the chaos. Charles's character stood out through his thoughtful responses; when faced with a suspect, he prioritized due process over immediate reaction. His relationships with employees, such as the connection with his Russian P.A. Oksana and the envy of workers in the Urals, added depth to the story. Charles's attitude took a turn when confronted by Toti about Natalia, leading to sleepless nights and a selfless act during the Taliban takeover in Afghanistan, ensuring Susan and the team's escape. The evolving dynamics and Charles's multifaceted character kept me engaged in the unfolding events.

I'll rate the book 5 out of 5 stars because there is no objective reason for me to deduct a star from it. I only saw one typo in it, which means it was professionally edited. Due to the profanities and sexual content in the book, I'll not recommend it for children or those who are not comfortable with explicit sexual content. Hence, I'll be recommending the book to lovers of romance and espionage. If you like a well-descriptive writing style that shows each character's action rather than telling and good character development, you will like reading the book.

Bagels and Cream Cheese
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Danny Jones 2
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Danny Jones 2 »

Sounds like a great read. It has a storyline that's normal but it seems to be exciting.
Minaxiben Chandrakant Patel
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-minaxiben-chandrakant-patel.html
Latest Review: Death by Chaos by Renaii West

Post by Minaxiben Chandrakant Patel »

Your detailed review of "Bagels and Cream Cheese" by Richard Bartlett effectively conveys the novel's plot, characters, and your overall impressions.
Lisa P Cowling
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-p-cowling.html
Latest Review: The one that kills you by Rick Rothermel

Post by Lisa P Cowling »

The title of the book is captivating and I commend the author's choice. Once I saw the title, I wanted to read the review. I cannot wait to read the book too. You did a beautiful job with your review.
Ruth Andanje
Currently Reading: Women with Partners in Prison
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruth-andanje.html
Latest Review: The One by Tyler Cook
2024 Reading Goal: 35
2024 Goal Completion: 8%

Post by Ruth Andanje »

Amazing review! Usually, I tend to shy away from reading mature audience books but I guess I am going to have to break that rule with this particular book seeing as you convinced me with your review. Might have to check this one out.
Latest Review: The One by Tyler Cook
Donaking
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Donaking »

The review paints a positive picture of "Bagels and Cream Cheese" by Richard Bartlett. It is described as a romance, action, and thriller novel with an intriguing plot and well-developed characters. The CEO protagonist, Charles, is portrayed as caring and thoughtful, facing personal challenges while navigating complexities in both his business and love life. The reviewer rates the book 5 out of 5 stars, highlighting the professional editing and captivating storytelling. However, it's worth noting that the book contains profanities and explicit sexual content, making it unsuitable for children or those uncomfortable with such themes. Overall, this review suggests that "Bagels and Cream Cheese" is recommended for fans of romance and espionage seeking a well-descriptive writing style and engaging character development.
Alex Lynn
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-lynn.html
Latest Review: God, Science and the Bible by Arnold V Page

Post by Alex Lynn »

The personal and professional challenges faced by Charles, along with the introduction of two remarkable women, create an intriguing premise.
The reviewer's appreciation for the gripping opening scene and the mature approach displayed by Charles in handling the suspenseful dilemma captures my interest.
Raymonda Onwuka 1
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raymonda-onwuka-1.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT: Mastering AI Conversations for Beginners by Malcolm Oppenheimer

Post by Raymonda Onwuka 1 »

This sounds like an amazing read. It is very tough to remain caring when you are in difficult suitation. I am glad Charles did and I hope he settles with the right woman. Thanks for the great review.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”