Review of You are my destiny

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Laney K
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laney-k.html
Latest Review: Uncharted Desires by Jillian Sharp
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 44%

Review of You are my destiny

Post by Laney K »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "You are my destiny" by Talitha Beck.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Eva was abandoned on her wedding day by who she thought was her true love. She was devastated and swore off men. She then began to focus on her marketing business. When she was offered a contract that would move her company to Korea, she had to decide whether she should pursue this opportunity and restart her life in a new country. Will Eva accept the contract? Will she find love again? Find out in the exciting novel You Are My Destiny by Talitha Beck.

My favorite part of this book was the multiple layers present in the plot. The book starts with themes of grief and heartbreak as Eva deals with the aftermath of being dumped before her wedding. It then transitions to a focus on Eva becoming a successful businesswoman and the possibility of her moving to Korea. This major transition in Eva's life gives her reason to open her heart to the possibility of loving someone again. Seeing her character develop as her life changed made the story compelling.

My main dislike of the book comes from the writing style. The book was rather dialogue-heavy, and I felt as though the descriptions were lacking. It was also sometimes a little confusing and hard to figure out which character was talking due to the lack of dialogue tags. In addition, the book would sometimes jump perspectives between the chapters without warning. It would often backtrack in time to show a previous scene from another perspective, and I found this a little disorienting because there was no warning or label to indicate such a change was occurring.

I rate this book 3 out of 5 stars. I enjoyed the overall plot of the book, and the characters were interesting and dynamic. However, the technical elements need some work. I am taking off one star because I spotted more than ten errors; the book could do with an additional round of proofreading. I am taking off one additional star for the lack of clarity regarding the dialogue and perspective changes. This book is best suited for mature readers who enjoy romance novels.

You are my destiny
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Naushin Moledina
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Canterville Ghost
Currently Reading: Boundaries
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naushin-moledina.html
Latest Review: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless by Mitzi Perdue
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 18%

Post by Naushin Moledina »

I loved how you explained the reasons for deducting each star. The book seems a fair read for romance lovers. Thank you for the honest and informative review.
To hate is an easy lazy thing, but to love takes strength everyone has, but not all are willing to practice
Tobi Adefila
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tobi-adefila.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Tobi Adefila »

Damn! Being left of your wedding day must be really heart breaking. I really hope Eva finds love again. Thanks for the review.
Ibraheem Rasheedat
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-cecil-hufstedler.html
Latest Review: Running For One's Life by Lauren Jedlan

Post by Ibraheem Rasheedat »

Based on the review, "You Are My Destiny" seems to have an exciting plot with layers of grief, personal growth, and romance. The characters are interesting and dynamic, but the writing style is a bit dialogue-heavy with lacking descriptions. The book also lacks clarity in terms of dialogue tags and perspective changes. Overall, it appears to be a decent read with potential for improvement.
Pranav Dewangan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Science of Storytelling
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pranav-dewangan.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Pranav Dewangan »

The way Eva's character evolves through grief, heartbreak, and ultimately finding a new path in her marketing career adds layers that I find intriguing. While I appreciate the dynamic characters and engaging plot, I'll keep in mind the feedback about the writing style. Thanks for the heads up on the dialogue-heavy sections and perspective changes – I'm ready for the emotional rollercoaster with this one!
Christabel nmeso
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-nmeso.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Christabel nmeso »

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on "You Are My Destiny." It's super helpful to hear both what you liked and the aspects that could be improved. Your attention to detail in the review is impressive, especially noting the dialogue-heavy sections and the need for clearer transitions.
Grace Nwiyordee
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Grace Nwiyordee »

Based on the review "Your are my destiny"I love the way eva picked up the remaining broken pieces of her life and moved on, she never allowed her situation to limit her.
Also the review was quite impressive, especially pointing out the dialogue heavy section,that lacks in clarity.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”