Review of The Longest Road

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Isaac Oh
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-isaac-oh.html
Latest Review: What I Hear When God Speaks by Allen J Brown Jr

Review of The Longest Road

Post by Isaac Oh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Longest Road" by Rad Crews.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

To help the starving children in Ethiopia, Geldof thought to have the proceeds from an original song donated to charity. Little did he know he was setting the stage for the biggest musical concert ever, the Live Aid Concert. Meanwhile, Mark left his town, Archer City, for the Live Aid concert. As an ardent fan of Led Zeppelin, it was his last opportunity to witness the legend play on stage. He helps out two hitchhikers, Sheila and Dena, caught in a heavy downpour, and his life changes in tremendous ways. In The Longest Road by Rad Crews, all it may take is one concert for your life to change.

There are so many enjoyable features about this book. This book was exceptionally well edited. I could not find any grammatical errors in the book. The author expertly described the landscape, scenes, and actions that went on in the book. The description of the landscape, particularly in Chapter Four and some other places in the book, is extremely remarkable. It creates clear images in the minds of readers.

The book is all-encompassing and definitely full of surprises. Starting out the book, I expected a story about musical concerts, charities, and rock and roll. Gradually, the scenery inculcates romance, action, and thriller while addressing political, religious, and social issues. Most countries treat the issue of immigration with hostility. Through the struggle and success of O'Reilly's as well as John's family, Sheila plans to raise awareness about the positive effects of immigration. On his road trip to the Live Aid Concert, Mark meets the love of his life. He experiences life in its brightest colors for a short while before it is violently snatched by a life-altering accident. Mark is separated from his love. Who would have seen that coming? Would Mark ever reunite with his love?

Though very much fictional, the author made efforts to add a touch of reality or authenticity. Rad even included popular musical legend Michael Jackson in his writings as a character. However, I disliked the structure of the beginning chapters of the book. At first, I felt the story was disjointed and all over the place, with a lot of subplots. It took the author time to show the common thread underlying the plot. Though it may be an effort by the author to elaborate, I did not appreciate the author delving into the stories of characters who are tangential to the story's plot.

I rate this book 4 out of 5 stars after taking into consideration the flaws mentioned above. I recommend it to anyone who is a huge fan of music or bands, especially rock and roll. I would also recommend it to lovers of romance fiction.

The Longest Road
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Tijani Islamiat Kofoworola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tijani-islamiat-kofoworola.html

Post by Tijani Islamiat Kofoworola »

In life I believe everyone embarks on certain journeys, some are planned journeys while some aren't. With this review, I will make sure to read the book and find out more about the life of a musician
Alex Lynn
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-lynn.html
Latest Review: God, Science and the Bible by Arnold V Page

Post by Alex Lynn »

"The Longest Road" by Rad Crews seems like a captivating journey with unexpected twists and turns. Your review highlights the book's well-edited nature, vivid descriptions, and its ability to incorporate various genres seamlessly. The inclusion of romance, action, thriller, and exploration of social issues adds depth to the narrative.
Ruth Chege 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruth-chege-2.html
Latest Review: Madam Vice President by Julian Mann

Post by Ruth Chege 2 »

I love the vivid descriptions of nature and surroundings. In addition to the adventures, the incorporation of music is another fascinating element.
Nwansimdi Mercy Someze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwansimdi-mercy-someze.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Post by Nwansimdi Mercy Someze »

The concept suggests a captivating tale that highlights the interconnectedness of individual destinies within the larger tapestry of global events.
Ibraheem Rasheedat
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-cecil-hufstedler.html
Latest Review: Running For One's Life by Lauren Jedlan

Post by Ibraheem Rasheedat »

Based on the review, "The Longest Road" by Rad Crews seems like a good read for music enthusiasts, lovers of romance fiction, and those interested in political and social issues. The book is praised for its vivid descriptions, lack of grammatical errors, surprise elements, and inclusion of popular musicians like Michael Jackson. However, the reviewer mentions a dislike for the structure of the beginning chapters, which they found disjointed and filled with subplots. Overall, the book is rated 4 out of 5 stars, indicating that it is a recommended read.
Godswill Imongbore
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Godswill Imongbore »

"The Longest Road" by Rad Crews seems like a captivating journey with unexpected twists and turns. Your review highlights the book's well-edited nature, vivid descriptions, and its ability to incorporate various genres seamlessly. The inclusion of romance, action, thriller and exploration of social issues adds depth to the narrative it's an interesting book.
Pranav Dewangan
Currently Reading: The Science of Storytelling
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pranav-dewangan.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Pranav Dewangan »

The seamless editing and vivid descriptions promise an immersive experience. I'm excited about the unexpected twists and the exploration of various themes, from romance to social issues. Your mention of the unique blend of reality with fictional elements, like the inclusion of Michael Jackson, adds an intriguing layer. Despite some initial structure concerns, your 4-star rating and enthusiastic recommendation have definitely piqued my interest. Can't wait to embark on this musical and emotional journey!
Christabel nmeso
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-nmeso.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Christabel nmeso »

Sounds like "The Longest Road" really took you on a journey through an array of emotions and themes! From the excitement of the Live Aid concert to the unexpected turns of romance and thriller elements, it seems like the book offered a dynamic reading experience.
SHARON MARITIM
Currently Reading: Faking Love for My Billionaire Boss
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by SHARON MARITIM »

This one sounds very intriguing. I want to read it already as iam a huge fun of romantic novels. But wha really makes me curious is the flaw you talk about. Is it just me or does someone else get attracted into why you think there is flaw and now i want to read the book myself?
Rohith Kumar Pakala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rohith-kumar-pakala.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Rohith Kumar Pakala »

Thank you for your valuable insights, your review built interest in me to read this book. Great information is given by you about the book, thank you for that.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”