Review of Guilty of Stealing His Heart

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Laney K
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laney-k.html
Latest Review: Uncharted Desires by Jillian Sharp
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 44%

Review of Guilty of Stealing His Heart

Post by Laney K »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Guilty of Stealing His Heart" by Nancy Lynn White.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Set in the 1800s, Guilty of Stealing His Heart by Nancy Lynn White tells the story of Carrie. She was left at an orphanage by her parents at a young age. Ruth, another girl at the orphanage, took Carrie under her wing, and the two became close friends. Later in life, Carrie married a banker. Shortly after their wedding, he was accused of, and confessed to, robbing his bank and murdering a Pinkerton agent. Carrie, now stripped of her new identity, decided to move with Ruth to California and start a new life. Carrie always wanted to be a mother, so she adopted a few children and sent Ruth ahead with them while she worked her way to California. Along the way, she ended up traveling with a young boy, Billy, and a man, JT, who was, unbeknownst to her, another Pinkerton agent trying to learn if she was a part of her husband's crimes. Will Carrie make it to California? Will she have the family she always dreamed of?

While this book is labeled as a romance, it is also a historical fiction novel. The setting details and societal struggles of the period played a large part in the novel. For example, Ruth, being an African-American, faced the additional danger of moving because, if she lost her papers, she could have been arrested for kidnapping Carrie's adopted children. The whole journey to California was also deeply rooted in the time period, and I enjoyed seeing how the setting added so deeply to the characters and their struggles.

Of all the characters, I found myself most attached to Billy. He did not have the best manners, which Carrie found to be unacceptable. It was humorous to see the two interact as Carrie attempted to teach the boy not to swear and to act like a proper member of society. I laughed as Billy referred to JT as "the chaperone," which was a running gag throughout the book. His character added a lot of humor to the novel.

I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. There was nothing I disliked about the book. It would appeal to fans of historical fiction and romance. The characters and plot are compelling and take you on a wild adventure into the 1800s. It was truly a pleasure to read this book, and I would be delighted to read more works by this author!

Guilty of Stealing His Heart
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
George Nduuru
Favorite Book: Original Wisdom
Currently Reading: If... and other stories
Bookshelf Size: 50
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 3%

Post by George Nduuru »

The past really interests me. I simply enjoy doing things the old-fashioned way. I'd love to find out who exactly stole the other person's heart because I'm still curious. This is definitely going on my list of novels I want to read. Excellent work on this gripping review.
Amira M 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amira-m-1.html
Latest Review: The Beloved by Banks Hudson

Post by Amira M 1 »

I love how you captured the essence of the book in your review. It makes me even more excited to read it.
Paris Kumar
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 489
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paris-kumar.html
Latest Review: 480 Codorus Street by Sandra L. Kearse-Stockton
2024 Reading Goal: 200
2024 Goal Completion: 30%

Post by Paris Kumar »

As a fan of historical fiction, I appreciate how "Guilty of Stealing His Heart" intricately weaves together romance and the societal struggles of the 1800s. The vivid setting details truly enhance the characters' journeys, making for a compelling read.

Thanks for sharing this with us ! :tiphat:
The greatest part of a writer’s time is spent in reading, in order to write; a man will turn over half a library to make one book.
—Samuel Johnson

I am happy to be a part of the OnlineBookClub.
Ibraheem Rasheedat
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-cecil-hufstedler.html
Latest Review: Running For One's Life by Lauren Jedlan

Post by Ibraheem Rasheedat »

The review provides a positive insight into "Guilty of Stealing His Heart" by Nancy Lynn White, highlighting its engaging plot, well-developed characters, and immersive historical setting. The reviewer particularly enjoyed the interactions between Carrie and Billy, finding their dynamics humorous and entertaining. Overall, the book seems to be a captivating blend of historical fiction and romance, earning a stellar 5 out of 5 stars rating.
Christabel nmeso
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-nmeso.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Christabel nmeso »

Billy's role in "Guilty of Stealing His Heart" sounds like a delightful touch to the story, balancing the heavier historical elements with his cheeky humor. It's always refreshing when a character can lighten the mood and add a different dynamic to the interactions. Thank you for the wonderful review
Pranav Dewangan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Science of Storytelling
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pranav-dewangan.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Pranav Dewangan »

A journey back in time with 'Guilty of Stealing His Heart'! Its blend of romance, historical depth, and humor, especially through characters like Billy, promises an adventure I can't wait to dive into. Nancy Lynn White's storytelling sounds utterly captivating.
hafsat abubakar 3
Currently Reading: Regretting him
Bookshelf Size: 6
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by hafsat abubakar 3 »

"Guilty of Stealing His Heart" is a captivating romance novel that seamlessly weaves together elements of mystery, suspense, and love. The author expertly develops the characters, drawing readers into their lives and making them emotionally invested in their journey. The plot twists keep readers guessing until the very end, and the chemistry between the main characters is palpable. Overall, it's a delightful read that will leave romance enthusiasts eager for more. I loved this book mainly because of the historical aspects, have I said anything about the plot twists?? I love books with plot twists, just when you have an idea of what is going to happen next, the author shockes you……

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”