Review of The Journey of Love

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
John Owen
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Baggage
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-owen.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 123%

Review of The Journey of Love

Post by John Owen »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Journey of Love" by Simi Ramdutt.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"The Journey of Love" by Simi Ramdutt is a suspenseful romance/mystery novel that reveals the story of love, passion, belonging, and adventure. As the story starts, James is aboard a ship set to sail to England with his new wife, Lizzy. They encounter various challenges along the way, including slow progress in their voyage, uncomfortable interactions with Lady Mary, and developing feelings between James and Lizzy. Nicolas provides comic relief but also gets into his own escapades. They finally make land, where James is suddenly accused of Lady Abbott's murder.

This book will always keep you guessing and asking questions, making for a very captivating reading experience. Right from the start, you begin asking what the nature of James and Lizzy's relationship is, who Lady Mary is and her role on the voyage, and why James is being accused of Lady Abbott's murder when they dock. These mysteries are amazingly created and revealed throughout the narrative in a way that keeps you engaged without feeling frustrated. I wish the book didn't drag in certain areas, though—despite that, the mystery still kept me hooked throughout.

Love, romance, and mystery have been beautifully intertwined in the narration. The relationship between James and Lizzy becomes evident as we witness their attraction, developing feelings, and ultimate love between them. Again, on the mystery aspect of the book, Lizzy struggles with not knowing her true parentage and heritage, which is another thing you want to keep reading to find out. James is also the same as her, and the hints of him discovering secrets regarding his own family lineage keep you rooted to the end.

The peak of the whole book, to me, begins with the suspected murder, since it's what introduces the elements of mystery and danger that make the book even more interesting; you immediately become invested as the involved characters work to solve it. There is scheming between various characters as well, which further adds to the intrigue, so you know that you won't be bored at any time when reading this book. I felt the narrative dragged a little at one point, but I still give the book 5 out of 5 stars because it is really enjoyable to read. The editing quality is excellent, as I didn't find any errors or typos.

The Journey of Love
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords
Harmony in chaos. It's all a matter of perspective.
Clauson Justin
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clauson-justin.html
Latest Review: The Making, the Rise, and the Future of the Speakingman-fourth edition by Dan M Mrejeru

Post by Clauson Justin »

The book has both love and mystery. I don't think there could be a better combination than this. I found several positives aspects of the book from your review and I am looking forward to reading it.
Ibraheem Rasheedat
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-cecil-hufstedler.html
Latest Review: Running For One's Life by Lauren Jedlan

Post by Ibraheem Rasheedat »

Overall, this review suggests that "The Journey of Love" by Simi Ramdutt is a captivating and enjoyable read. Despite some dragging moments in the narrative, the mysteries, romance, and intrigue keep the reader hooked. The book's excellent editing quality adds to its appeal. It appears to be a good read worth checking out.
Amira M 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amira-m-1.html
Latest Review: The Beloved by Banks Hudson

Post by Amira M 1 »

I appreciate how you highlighted the strengths of the book, especially its unique plot and well-developed characters.
Christabel nmeso
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-nmeso.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Christabel nmeso »

Your review totally paints a vivid picture of "The Journey of Love." It sounds like the mix of romance and mystery really worked for you, especially with the suspense around James and Lizzy's relationship and the murder accusation. It's great that even with a bit of a slow pace at times, the story kept you turning the pages.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”