Review of Grumpy Billionaire's Reckless Reporter

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Stephanie Runyon
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Destiny Hawkins
Favorite Book: The Omicron Six
Currently Reading: The White Coat Effect
Bookshelf Size: 1663
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-runyon.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider
Reading Device: B07R3HTWLN
fav_author_id: 100303

Review of Grumpy Billionaire's Reckless Reporter

Post by Stephanie Runyon »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Grumpy Billionaire's Reckless Reporter" by Roxy Swan.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Dealing with loss is difficult for many people. Sometimes, grief is so consuming that it causes a person to believe life isn’t worth living. Roxy Swan’s Grumpy Billionaire’s Reckless Reporter features’ two different ways people handle grief in their daily lives.

Alexander Hartman lost his pregnant wife and felt like it was his fault for not being more involved with Susan’s pregnancy. He has just existed for the past two years, choosing isolation despite being the billionaire CEO of a technology business. However, his world is about to be shaken to the core. Emma Collins, a journalist for a popular news station, has presented fake news about Alexander’s company making fraudulent devices and giving out-of-date devices to a children’s orphanage. She challenges him to an exclusive interview to prove the rumors wrong.

However, when Alexander and Emma meet, they feel an undeniable attraction. Emma writes a stellar report on her interview with Alexander. Emma and her best friend, Sophia, are out at a club celebrating when Danny Fisher invites them to his charity ball. Unbeknownst to the women, Danny is a self-appointed friend of Alexander’s who intends to make Alexander jealous. Alexander and Emma confront their connection and end up at Alexander’s home. However, pursuing the relationship fails to take place for them without considerable effort. Emma and Alexander share a painful past that proves how unconventional their relationship can be.

Using the alternating views of Alexander and Emma, they gave an in-depth view of their emotions. Alexander’s inner turmoil causes him pain that is easy to envision. Feeling guilty for wanting Emma was understandable; he was betraying his wife. Emma’s requirement to be professional causes her to debate pursuing romance. Character development is one of the best features of this book. Each event exposes relatable emotions in vivid detail.

As with many romance novels, the end of Grumpy Billionaire’s Reckless Reporter is predictable. Another round of editing would be beneficial for this book. There were several instances where quotation marks were missing to show a character talking to another. This could cause most readers to become confused.

Therefore, I rate this romance novel three out of five stars. I deducted a star for the editing and the predictable plot. Despite these drawbacks, the story still evoked emotions and kept me interested until the end.

I recommend this book to romance readers who want a quick and easy read. Grumpy Billionaire’s Reckless Reporter is for mature readers since it contains profanity and explicit scenes.

Grumpy Billionaire's Reckless Reporter
View: on Bookshelves
"Facts don't care about feelings." Ben Shapiro
"Don't try to keep up with me, I live on the edge too thin to see." Ryan Upchurch
"See, one man's inconvenience is another's joy." NF
Christabel nmeso
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-nmeso.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Christabel nmeso »

The character development really shines in this one, capturing the emotional depth and complexities of grief. Sounds like a poignant read!
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: The Mothers
Bookshelf Size: 2401
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

I'm going to guess Alexander (or his company) had something to do with Emma's loss...
I love great character development, and I can't imagine how hard it must be to reconcile new love with one that you still feel even if the person is no longer alive.
Great review!
Stephanie Runyon
Favorite Author: Destiny Hawkins
Favorite Book: The Omicron Six
Currently Reading: The White Coat Effect
Bookshelf Size: 1663
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-runyon.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider
Reading Device: B07R3HTWLN
fav_author_id: 100303

Post by Stephanie Runyon »

María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda wrote: 28 Feb 2024, 18:53 I'm going to guess Alexander (or his company) had something to do with Emma's loss...
I love great character development, and I can't imagine how hard it must be to reconcile new love with one that you still feel even if the person is no longer alive.
Great review!
Neither have anything to do with her loss.
"Facts don't care about feelings." Ben Shapiro
"Don't try to keep up with me, I live on the edge too thin to see." Ryan Upchurch
"See, one man's inconvenience is another's joy." NF
Anil Baade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anil-baade.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Anil Baade »

You've explained very well about the book and you have mentioned the content of the book very nicely. I'll definitely start reading this book.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”