Review of Destined for Love

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Laney K
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laney-k.html
Latest Review: Uncharted Desires by Jillian Sharp
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 44%

Review of Destined for Love

Post by Laney K »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Destined for Love" by Sara McClaflin.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Destiny reunites with her childhood friend and crush, Miles, after not being in contact for many years. After she was forced to move as a child, the two had a falling out. Miles is now running a tech business with his two brothers, and Destiny is managing a cafe. One day, they run into each other again. Destiny is not one to let the past go, but Miles never understood the true reason for their falling out and wants answers. Will the two allow the spark between them to grow into something more? Find all the answers in Destined for Love by Sara McClaflin.

To me, the strength of the book lies in the characters. Each one felt well-rounded and dynamic. My favorite character was Miles. He was a man who wanted to see the best in the people around him and stay civil with everyone. He tried to maintain peace with his mother even though she was rude to his brother's wife for not being from the wealthy background they were. In addition, his best friend, Candy, is disliked by many of the other characters. It was interesting to see how Miles' perspective on others changed throughout the book.

I will say the plot felt unsurprising to me. I thought that the big reveal at the end was extremely obvious, and I was a little disappointed that I was correct. I had been hoping for an unexpected twist. However, the book may feel less predictable to other readers, especially those who are less familiar with the genre.

I rate this book 4 out of 5 stars. I am taking off one star due to the number of errors that I spotted in the book and the predictability of the ending. The book could do with another round of proofreading. Overall, I enjoyed the depth of the characters and the realistic emotions that were portrayed. Those who enjoy romance novels about refound love that are free of explicit content would enjoy this book.

Destined for Love
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ringle Nashak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ringle-nashak.html
Latest Review: The Kovalenko Secret by Philip L Rettew

Post by Ringle Nashak »

To me, the strength of the book lies in the characters. Each one felt well-rounded and dynamic. My favorite character was Miles.
Alex Lynn
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-lynn.html
Latest Review: God, Science and the Bible by Arnold V Page

Post by Alex Lynn »

The dynamics between Destiny and Miles, their past falling out, and the potential for a rekindled romance create an intriguing premise. The emphasis on well-rounded and dynamic characters, with a special mention of Miles, has piqued my interest. Miles' character, with his desire to see the best in people and navigate family conflicts, seems like someone I could connect with.
Anaïs Quesson
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Song of Achilles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 174
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ana-s-quesson.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by Anaïs Quesson »

I'm not sure this is the kind of book I would enjoy reading. I appreciate your thorough review, though. It is well-structured and well-written. You skillfully summed up everything the reader should know before diving in. Good job!
Anaïs - she/her

"No nightingales. You idiot. We could have been... us."
Vinay Penubothu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vinay-penubothu.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Vinay Penubothu »

Thank you for your detailed review! Your insights have piqued my interest, and I'm excited to dive into the book. Your review convinced me it's a must-read. Thanks for sharing your thoughts - they've inspired me to explore further.
Clauson Justin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clauson-justin.html
Latest Review: The Making, the Rise, and the Future of the Speakingman-fourth edition by Dan M Mrejeru

Post by Clauson Justin »

I love romance and I would love to find out if the two individuals are able to reunite despite the odds. You wrote an amazing review of the book. I look forward to reading it.
Rohith Kumar Pakala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rohith-kumar-pakala.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Rohith Kumar Pakala »

Thank you for your valuable insights, your review built interest in me to read this book. Great information is given by you about the book, thank you for that.
Anil Baade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anil-baade.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Anil Baade »

Thank you for your valuable insights about this book. You've explained about the book very well. I'll definitely add this to my reading list
Ajay Rudrapati
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajay-rudrapati.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Ajay Rudrapati »

I am very much awaited to read this book, Your review motivated me to read this book ASAP. The way you inculcated the details of the book in a very clear manner is impressive. Thank you
Joyce Huang
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Joyce Huang »

I love love story, and I like your review. I'm going to read it. thank you!
Tobi Adefila
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tobi-adefila.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Tobi Adefila »

A book I would love to read. Thanks for the lovely review
Ohmy Book
Currently Reading: You Can Heal Your Life
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohmy-book.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Ohmy Book »

I am happy to know that you enjoyed this book. I am big fan of the romance genre. This seems to be a second-chance romance and I enjoy them. Thank you for your review!

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”