Review of Jewelry Heist

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Victory Ositaorah
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victory-ositaorah.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White's Sub Snips by Laura Moss White

Review of Jewelry Heist

Post by Victory Ositaorah »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Jewelry Heist" by Kathleen Heart Smith.]
Book Cover
2 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Life has a plan for us, but how we get there is all up to us. We could do this in a negative or converse manner, but the end justifies the means. The book titled Jewelry Heist, written by Kathleen Heart Smith, is a romance book based on Derillo's Diamond Store.

Margaret Black is a young lady who is the head sales clerk at Derillo's Diamond. The store has been progressing, with part of this success being her contribution. She is married to a man named Choppy, who works at the Chocolate Factory, and he is friends with her boss, Russell Derillo, who promised to make him part owner of Derillo's store. As the book progresses, Margaret's husband, Choppy, dies of a heart attack, and Margaret is left to take care of their children, Morgan and Mille. Russell has a son named Buck, who notices that Margaret is a goal-getter and advises his dad to be cautious about her. This leaves us wondering if Margaret was a threat to Derillo's Diamond Store, and getting a copy of this book would enlighten you on this plot.

The book's title was fascinating at first, but after I started reading the book, I was disappointed because the book lacked in various aspects. The author had a good plot, but the disjointed nature of the book was very tiring and disappointing. In most instances, the book was also inconsistent in spelling some characters' names, such as "Russell," written as "Russel," and some character roles were misplaced, like Brandon proposing to Millie instead of Morgan. The characters were also undeveloped, and I encountered many grammatical errors while reading this book, which made my reading experience unpleasant. The storyline is promising and exciting, but I prefer it to be re-edited and the flow and switching of scenes worked on.

I believe this book should undergo another round of editing and proofreading because of various errors encountered while reading. Because of my dislikes, I rate this book 2 out of 5 stars, and if you do not mind a poorly edited book, you could consider this book as the plot is promising.

Jewelry Heist
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Clauson Justin
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clauson-justin.html
Latest Review: The Making, the Rise, and the Future of the Speakingman-fourth edition by Dan M Mrejeru

Post by Clauson Justin »

I think the book has a good job plot. But going from the review, it was not well executed. This is a bit discouraging for me. However, I would still pick this up to know what happens to Margaret.
Ajay Rudrapati
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajay-rudrapati.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Ajay Rudrapati »

I am very much awaited to read this book, Your review motivated me to read this book ASAP. The way you inculcated the details of the book in a very clear manner is impressive. Thank you

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”