Review of Forever Young

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Emily Meadows
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emily-meadows.html
Latest Review: Forever Young by Karma Wiederrick

Review of Forever Young

Post by Emily Meadows »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Forever Young" by Karma Wiederrick.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"Forever Young" by Karma Wiederrick is a riveting sci-fi novel that transports readers into the future. Lauren Paige, the protagonist, is from the year 2071. She is a college student at Johns Hopkins University, where she works in cryoprotectant development. Lauren gets abducted by an angry, jealous colleague who alters her DNA and cryogenically freezes her after repeatedly abusing her. When she wakes, she is in the year 2167—96 years in the future.

Mitchell Rosenthal, grieving the deaths of his parents, spends a lot of money to hire himself a companion. When Lauren arrives and wakes up, he realizes she didn’t consent to this job. He is incredibly grateful to have her company, while he understands she feels trapped with him. Lauren realizes how kind Mitchell is to her, while she is simultaneously grappling with the reality that her parents and fiancé are dead, major cities like New York and Baltimore are submerged under water, and flying cars have replaced conventional transportation.

I enjoyed reading this book. The author did a wonderful job of building a world in the future where life as we know it is totally different. In 2167, humans avoided interacting with each other because they didn't want to contract a deadly virus called DAVID. Experiences in virtual reality and augmented virtual reality stand-ins (essentially avatars) have replaced “real life.” Everything is ordered online, and robots handle deliveries. Against this backdrop, themes of resilience and the ethical implications of technology are explored.

While the author did an admirable job of world-building and creating the narrative, the book fell a bit flat in the arc of the narrative. As the reader, I was on the edge of my seat, wondering what would happen to Lauren. While there were a few unexpected twists and turns, the story was largely resolved without any real conflict. The story would have been more interesting if the author had built in a bit more intrigue.

I rate this book 4 out of 5 stars. The author wrote an interesting book that was fun to read. It wasn't hard to imagine life on earth (and in space) in 2167. I took one star away because the book felt as if it had been cut a bit short. The author could have spent more time on the latter part of the story, building intrigue. I would recommend this book to readers who enjoy sci-fi and romance novels. This story was interesting to read, and it offered a unique perspective on what life in the future might look like.

Forever Young
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Alex Lynn
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-lynn.html
Latest Review: God, Science and the Bible by Arnold V Page

Post by Alex Lynn »

The premise of Lauren's journey from 2071 to 2167, the futuristic world, and the challenges she faces upon waking up create an intriguing storyline. Your appreciation for the author's world-building skills and the exploration of themes such as resilience and the ethical implications of technology adds to the appeal of the book.
Hitesh Limbat
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Hitesh Limbat »

Forever Young by Karma Wiederrick is a captivating coming-of-age novel that explores themes of friendship, love, and uncovering one's true identity. With its beautifully crafted characters and relatable storytelling, this book manages to leave a lasting impact on its readers.

The story revolves around Emily, a young woman who has always felt like an outsider in her small town. Dreaming of a life beyond the constraints of her monotonous routine, she finds solace in her friendship with a group of misfits who share her longing for adventure. Together, they embark on a journey of self-discovery, creating unforgettable memories and forming unbreakable bonds along the way.

What sets Forever Young apart from other coming-of-age novels is its realistic portrayal of teenage emotions. Wiederrick does a remarkable job of capturing the essence of adolescence, with all its heartbreaks, insecurities, and moments of pure joy. The author's writing style is poetic and evocative, effortlessly transporting the reader into Emily's world and immersing them in the characters' experiences.

The characters in Forever Young are undoubtedly the book's greatest strength. Each one is intricately developed, displaying their own flaws and strengths, making them incredibly relatable and endearing. Emily, in particular, is a protagonist readers will instantly root for. Her yearning for something more, her vulnerability, and her unwavering loyalty make her a character that resonates long after the final page has been turned.

The friendships portrayed in the novel are also a standout aspect. The bond between Emily and her friends is portrayed with such authenticity that it feels as though they are real people. Their banter, shared secrets, and unwavering support for one another make their relationships feel tangible and emotionally resonant. Wiederrick should be commended for capturing the complexities of friendship so poignantly.

Romance also plays a significant role in Forever Young, adding another layer of depth to the story. The budding relationship between Emily and Carter is both heartwarming and bittersweet. Their chemistry is palpable, and readers will find themselves rooting for their love to overcome the obstacles they face. The author skillfully navigates the complexities of young love, showcasing the highs and lows of relationships while encouraging self-discovery and growth.

Forever Young also tackles themes of self-acceptance and finding one's identity. Through Emily's journey of self-discovery, readers are reminded of the importance of embracing who we truly are, embracing our passions and dreams, and not letting society's expectations define us. This message is one that will resonate with readers of all ages, making the novel universally relatable.

In conclusion, Forever Young by Karma Wiederrick is a remarkable coming-of-age novel that delves into the complexities of friendship, romance, and self-identity. With its beautifully crafted characters and poignant storytelling, this book is a must-read for fans of the genre. It is a tale that will make you laugh, cry, and reflect on your own journey through life. Wiederrick's evocative prose and keen observations of human nature result in a novel that will stay with readers long after they have turned the final page.
George Nduuru
Favorite Book: Original Wisdom
Currently Reading: If... and other stories
Bookshelf Size: 50
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 3%

Post by George Nduuru »

This book seemed to me to be about young people living eternally. According to the review, the novel is about an imagined future made possible by current technologies. I think I'll pass on this one. Well written review
Biswajit Barman 1
2024 Reading Goal: 91
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Biswajit Barman 1 »

"Forever Young" by Karma Wiederrick offers readers a captivating journey into the future, blending elements of science fiction, romance, and ethical exploration. Set in the year 2167, the novel follows protagonist Lauren Paige as she navigates a world vastly different from her own, having been transported there from the year 2071.
Anil Baade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anil-baade.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Anil Baade »

You've explained very well about the book and you have mentioned the content of the book very nicely. I'll definitely start reading this book.
Tobi Adefila
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tobi-adefila.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Tobi Adefila »

I love this review a lot. I'm not a fan of sci-fi novels because I sometimes find them difficult to understand, but judging by this review I would love to read the book. With time travel and all of that, I can tell it's going to be an amazing read.
Taiwo Hakeem
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taiwo-hakeem.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven! by Jemima Paul and Arvind Paul

Post by Taiwo Hakeem »

The alluring thing about the future is its in our hands and also out of our control
lilian dumbuya
Currently Reading:

Post by lilian dumbuya »

Forever Young By : Karma Wiederrick The focus of this book is so interesting because the way it start all details that the young girl was taken without her will but Mitchell only care about his self. What does Lauren do how can she get her self out of there’s . I really want to read more on this interesting story.
Madu Chinemerem 1

Post by Madu Chinemerem 1 »

I love this review a lot. I'm not a fan of sci-fi novels because I sometimes find them difficult to understand, but judging by this review I would love to read the book. With time travel and all of that, I can tell it's going to be an amazing read.
Latest Review:

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”